Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Uplander rear axle bushings

Search this Thread

Old June 2nd, 2011, 8:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uplander rear axle bushings

I'm assuming a big part of the hammering noise I hear when driving over small bumps is coming from the two bushings that connect the rear axle to the body, shown in the lower part of the picture. With the van parked, I can place my hand on the top of the rear tire and roll it forward and rearward about 3/4" or more without the body of the van moving. Obviously the bushing are shot. I have new ones in hand.

Anybody have some advice or ideas on how to change these bushings? I imagine this could be done with the axle still installed in the van?
Thanks.

Old June 6th, 2021, 11:05 AM
CF Active Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by resabed01
I'm assuming a big part of the hammering noise I hear when driving over small bumps is coming from the two bushings that connect the rear axle to the body, shown in the lower part of the picture. With the van parked, I can place my hand on the top of the rear tire and roll it forward and rearward about 3/4" or more without the body of the van moving. Obviously the bushing are shot. I have new ones in hand.

Anybody have some advice or ideas on how to change these bushings? I imagine this could be done with the axle still installed in the van?
Thanks.

i am also looking for info/video on this. i believe there is a lip that makes it sort of easy.

also of note the 'hammering' may be rear wheel bearings... it was in my case. i still want to get this bushing done though since i have done everything else back there besides this...