Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

04 Venture - Transmission problems

Search this Thread

Old March 6th, 2013, 11:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Venture - Transmission problems

I know this has been discussed before so I apologize for re-hashing an old subject. The transmission bangs into gears which from what I have learned is the pressure control solenoid in the transmission. Code P1811

Here's my question: Does anyone know if and where I can find a how to DIY repair for that job. I checked youtube and couldn't find anything.

Also, anyone know where I can find shop diagrams for the transmission, and a parts list breakdown with torque specs etc...

Can anyone confirm the transmission number? i.e. 4L60E. I think it's 4T65E or something like that?

Thanks.
Old March 18th, 2013, 8:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alternative

You may want to look into the transgo shift kit. (It is a model 4T65E transmission in our ventures) I have 142k on our van, and I just did a fluid change (not flush), filter, and the accumulator (1-2, 2-3) portion of the shift kit yesterday.

While it's too early to tell, it shifts great now. The only trouble I'm having now is after a hard stop. It doesn't seem to go right into 1st gear, so it bangs slightly when starting from a stop. Not sure what is going on with this....Perhaps I need to pull the cable on the battery to let the computer reset? If anyone has insight to this, please speak up.