Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

2001 Chevy Venture

Search this Thread

Old September 24th, 2010 | 7:20 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2001 Chevy Venture

Well I finally got our new to us van on the road today. It was a lot of work, but it's a really nice unit. Lots of convenient little extras like lots of cup holders, power points etc. It took a new front caliper, brake pads, Intake and rocker cover gaskets, Fuel Level sender, Thermostat, Plugs and Wires, Drive Belt, Tensioner pulley and idler pulley, New Rocker sills, Retime the wiper park mechanism, plus a few other odds and bits. I went with the G M intake gaskets, but got the felpro rocker cover gaskets, they were a lot cheaper, and they included the o ring for the by pass tube that gm wants way too much money for, (Naturally I bought a o ring from GM and installed it before opening the felpro package...My loss....)I also flushed the cooling system and used the green anti freeze. As I was working on it, More than once I questioned the ability of the designers?????? What were you people thinking????
There is a gap between front corner of the rear bumper cover and wheal well, the passenger side panel behind the wheal well by the exhaust was rotted out side and bottom, easily allowing exhaust to get in the vehicle....