Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

2003 Venture Wiper Problems

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2010, 10:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Venture Wiper Problems

Just recently, the front wipers on my Venture go up very slowly, like there's either not enough power or there's too much pressure against the windshield. They used to complete the cycle (go all the way back down) but now they get stuck about 3/4 of the way up. In order to get them to go back down, I have to pull them up all the way, then sometimes they go most of the way down. My thought is that if the motor's gone, there would be no power at all - but I am far from knowledgeable on the topic.

Any thoughts?
Old June 7th, 2010, 12:15 PM
CF Beginner

Default slow wipers

I encountered the same slow wiper problem when I purchased a rebuilt wiper motor for my Venture's rear window wiper. I took the motor back, and installed a new (not rebuilt) motor, and then all was fine.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 9:01 PM
CF Beginner

I had similiar problems with the front wipers in my '04 silo. The problem is water gets into the mechanism at the splined stud where the wiper arm is attached and the metal bushing rusts. The easy no mess solution is to replace the entire assembly. If you are more adventurous and the rust is not too bad, you can take it apart. If I remember correctly, there is a C-clip that needs to be removed. Then put the assembly in a vice, put a nut on the stud, use WD40 + a piece of wood and your favorite hammer. Once apart, sand all rust away till it's all smooth, pack with bearing grease and reassemle. My wipers run like new since I did this.
Old October 13th, 2010, 6:56 PM
CF Beginner

had a problem w/ my wiper , only the high speed works....
Old October 27th, 2010, 10:15 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by rml.dreck
had a problem w/ my wiper , only the high speed works....
More than likely related to the controller (also called the cover) on the wiper motor. Either that or you have an electrical issue at the wiper switch.