Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

98 Chevy Venture Window Guides?

Old December 14th, 2010, 8:42 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Chevy Venture Window Guides?

I have a 98 Venture. When the drivers side window goes up, it tilts, so much that I need to correct it and help it up. I replaced the motor and regulator a while back. Is there something that should be in the window track as a guide or something? Thanks
Old November 2nd, 2011, 1:20 PM
CF Beginner

I see this a bit old, but would love to knwo if anyone had insight as to what causes this? i have a 98 venture and neighbor's 02 Montana both with drvr side windows that do this! DRIVES ME MAD driving on post and having to open our doors
Old November 2nd, 2011, 10:22 PM
CF Beginner

From my personal experience, the outside tracks get gummed up. This puts stress on the scissor assy, which will deform or develop exessive play, causing the glass to shift and bind. Either repair or (preferably) replace the scissor assy and clean out the tracks. I actually spray Armour All down them occasionally. This prevents the track from grabbing the window.
Old November 17th, 2011, 7:54 AM
CF Beginner

Just happened to me last week ago, maybe ill take out the panel and investigate and clean everything up
Old December 3rd, 2011, 7:57 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by cartek
From my personal experience, the outside tracks get gummed up. This puts stress on the scissor assy, which will deform or develop exessive play, causing the glass to shift and bind. Either repair or (preferably) replace the scissor assy and clean out the tracks. I actually spray Armour All down them occasionally. This prevents the track from grabbing the window.
thats what i did last week i opened the panel on my door inspected it..nothing broken or out of place but the whole sissor *** thing there was moving as i cranked the window up.. i do notice something in on the side grabbing the window as it it rolled up .. anyways i sprayed liquid wrench in there should keep it smooth for a bit