Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

Code B1001

Search this Thread

Old October 27th, 2017, 2:26 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code B1001

2005 chevy venture v-6 (3.0L) taken to dealership 10-18-17 for ABS light on No Traction, light, Rear hatch ajar light. Seemed to be running hotter than the normal 1/2, closer to 3/4 at times. Dealer said bad sensors and harnesses in the two front wheels (for ABS light) and bad instrument cluster panel (for temp gauge). Finally got a call van was done 10-26-17. Got in the van started it and showed radio locked, went back inside dealership, they took in a bay and reprogrammed. When that was done got back in and left, noticed,which I thought at that time was a seat belt light, Unplugged my seat belt and reconnected, thinking I caught my carrigan in there. Light is still on, turned around took it back. Long story short. Now I tell them airbag light is on they take it back in a
bay and gave me this code B1001.Never in the 10 years I have owned the van have seen it. I now see on your left is seat belt light, on the right is air bag.This fix cost me 909.?? and change.Now they are saying the sensor is not communicating with the computer. What's up? This was not a problem before. If they think they are gonna charge me more I think not. oh and by the way they think by Monday 10-30-17,they may figure it out, they got to do some research???
I could have screwed it up all by myself cheaper!