Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

A few issues.

Search this Thread

Old July 30th, 2017, 4:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few issues.

First and for most I'm new to this form.

My​​​​​My girlfriend has a 2004 Venture that she has had for a while now (way before me and her met) and there is a few issues that she has with it

First​​First issue is her driver side front blinker does not work at all. I have tried relocating the ground, replacing to bulb, and replacing bulb socket (due to it being messed up pretty bad. I couldn't find the fuse location and I am trying to find it to see if it any good. Does anyone know the location of it?

Second​Second issue is any time she turns on the DVD flip down screen what ever is in the DVD player plays on the screen but does not play anything on the vehicles speakers system. Is there a way to make it work with the speaker system?

Final​​Final issue is the traction control system is throwing an error code for the right front TCS sensor shorting out, how hard is it to check the sensor? And are there any special tools needed to check it?
I'm trying to get it fixed up so she can trade it in for a truck she found that she likes.
Old August 1st, 2017, 8:29 PM
CF Beginner

First issue make sure you have power to socket when activating. If u do then ck ground

Second issue not sure

Third same as before get ohm meter and test. I'm not sure of specs would need to look up. Likely sensor is just faulty
Old August 4th, 2017, 1:07 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 02silverventure
First issue make sure you have power to socket when activating. If u do then ck ground

Second issue not sure

Third same as before get ohm meter and test. I'm not sure of specs would need to look up. Likely sensor is just faulty
I have relocated the ground and even sanded the paint off to where it's bare metal so I know the ground is good. I'm thinking there is a short in the positive wire. And as for the third issue I did do a code check and it showed up as the sensor is bad which is why I was asking on how hard it is to remove the hub.
Old October 23rd, 2017, 1:16 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Open both front doors, pull off the plastic sill covers. Lift up the carpet, take a look at the wiring harness on both sides. Peel the tape off the harnesses - from front of floor to side of seats. Remove the individually wrapped wire tape. Inspect the poor wiring connections that crumble apart where 3 wires come together - several of them. Solder and tape. Bingo! Suddenly, things in the van work nobody knew existed.

FYI, the passengers side harness is connected to the BCM and it is just above the passengers floor pan. Drivers side has lesser wiring issues. These problems are due to water leaking in to the floor pan through the roof seals. I drilled holes in the floor to let it seep out
Old October 24th, 2017, 10:24 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the update, it's nice to hear good news. What other things started working?