Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

sparkplugs

Search this Thread

Old April 29th, 2007, 9:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sparkplugs

how in the world do you change the back sparkplugs on a 2000 venture
Old June 26th, 2007, 4:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: sparkplugs

You must first loosen your 2 subframe bolts. Then jack up the front center of your van as high as your floor jack can go. Put a jack stand behind each subframe mount (it looks like chevy built in a support just for this purpose!) I then loosen the bolts a few turns shy of off. If you take them completely out, it can be a bitch to re-align the bolt with the hole. I find that I have enough space to do this on my '02 but I must admit it's still drudgery. Getting the plugs out was no problem but pulling the boots off the plugs and unclipping the wire harness clip (the "should be"simple crap) was driving me to drink[sm=icon_guiness.gif](a few more brews than expected[sm=roll.gif]) If you run into the same problem you can try what worked for me...use a stubby flathead for the clip and use a small diameter pole about 2' long... I looped the wire around the pole as close to it as possible then used leverage by pushing towards the front end to pop each boot off. Hope it helps! I just joined this forum today because I had questions of my own and noticed I could possibly help you with yours... but damn...I hoped I could get an answer sometime soon and see that your question was posted in April so I'm not holding my breath!