Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

Starter Fusible link

Search this Thread

Old August 15th, 2016, 6:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starter Fusible link

The van wont start after repairing the radiator fan circuit. I know i accidentally shorted out the contacts on the ignition relay in the engine compartment fuse/relay box. I cant find any fusible link that the drawings are referring to. Here is the diagram i am referencing Chevrolet venture van need to replace ignition switch on 2002.

I have checked all the relays they all pull in but there is no power sitting on the contact side, the coils have voltage on one side waiting for the PCM to create a ground for it. Is there a fuse i am missing? I checked the passenger compartment fuses and the engine compartment fuses. They are fine.
Old August 15th, 2016, 8:54 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My manual is at home so I can't look it up right now, but the fusible link will be something that looks like a short piece of wire. I'd check near the battery, near the starter or near the PCM, after that you'll have to start taking things apart. As far as actual fuses, if you already checked in the instrument panel under the hood I think you got that covered - perhaps verify your ignition switch is working.