Volt Get plugged into Chevrolet's electric car! The batteries will take you most anywhere and the on-board generator can take you beyond!
Named the 2011 North American Car of the Year

Chevrolet Volt
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: ClipperCreek

Rush Limbaugh and the Volt

Old December 15th, 2010, 8:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tbone3703
the electric car is a miss conception there is nothing cleaner or cheaper about the whole deal elec car drive up demand for elec which drives up our elec bills then we have to dig up alot more coal to burn for electricty as we pollutes the hell out the air we breath!!!!!! just to pay $5.000.00 more for the car start with.alot cheaper and cleaner for gas burner
Except in regions of the country and world where electricity is generated by nuclear, wind, geothermal, solar, or water power. In those cases, electric cars are cleaner.
Old December 15th, 2010, 11:55 AM
CF Beginner

we havent built any new nuclear plants in this country in over 35 yrs. our hydro elet dams operating at a max..cost to build and maintain solar and wind farms 10 times higher than it produces.geothermal??? you planing on ataching theese cars to a pipe stuck 150' in the dround??? better get alot exten cord! not only those issues but there is also the disposal of batteries at this point they dont know what do with.
you cant just think their cleaner because your told they are have look at alot issues involved.
Old December 16th, 2010, 8:19 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tbone3703
you cant just think their cleaner because your told they are have look at alot issues involved.
Odd, but I don't think they're always cleaner...but they do MOVE the emissions from high pollution areas to (usually) lower pollution areas, giving the polluted regions time to clean themselves.

I know people who have solar power at their homes generating enough electricity that they can sell it back to the power company, which means they have enough extra power to charge an electric car. Just because they haven't built a new nuclear power plant since TMI doesn't mean that the ones operating today aren't usefully generating fairly clean power.

I agree that coal plants generate much of America's electricity, but there are alternatives and coal does NOT provide as much electricity to Europe's grid (for example), meaning that electric cars ARE cleaner in much of the developed world.
Old December 16th, 2010, 2:44 PM
CF Beginner

i think obama paved way for few nuclear plants to built here but they will take about 15 yrs to complete and we still dont know if they will go online but even if they do they will barely generate enough elec to catch up with our demand not counting elect cars.we do need think cleaner biodiesel is growing demand slowly its alot cleaner.if we ever get technology built for hydrogen cars be best.ocean is full of endless supply.
Old December 19th, 2010, 2:22 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tbone3703, u must educate yourself...most or the electricity from the wester seaboard comes from my great home British columbia, and let me tell u, we have a lot of dams on the go...bio fuel? well unless u want food prices to jump huge like they did 3 years ago when biofuel got huge at the time fuel prices spiked then i would think in other areas. and water? have fun putting salt water in your engine (reverse osmosis is expensive for that much water) fresh water? last time i checked the western seaboard has a shortage of fresh water, electricity has so many ways to be generated, its not even funny, geothermal electricity actually uses heat stored in the ground to generate electricity (no long *** extension cord needed sorry to burst your bubble) by the way im sure glad u arent a downer and wake up hating everything :S
the answer to gasoline isnt 1 thing, it is all of them, with all of the new innovations implemented into new cars we would be doing great, would you imagine a volt type setup an internal combustion engine that will run on hydrogen, propane or natural gas? i mean either or in 1 vehicle, north america has HUGE natual gas deposits.... more than any other continent....thats something to think about
i hope you are better educated now, this isnt a subject i take lightly, i think about this and research this to better educate myself on the world around me and the world we live in, when i say screw rush, it isnt because i just watch jon stewart, it is because it is my opinion that the guy is manipulating the masses for profit and spouting garbage that numbs the mass population...im canadian, our media is very independent and unbiased so when we watch american news, (FOX) we laugh and cry at the same time because we see through the bull****...no joke, they are dumbing you guys down, i can only hope that many americans can see through it
Old December 20th, 2010, 7:00 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 2wd-K5
...so when we watch american news, (FOX) we laugh and cry at the same time because we see through the bull****...no joke, they are dumbing you guys down, i can only hope that many americans can see through it
Please, don't worry. Fox News is a joke to most Americans, too.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 11:08 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im glad
half truths are worse than full lies because you can show a small amount of crediblility
Old June 8th, 2011, 7:19 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by indiandrives1
All of one has posted in great pattern of idea to make this possible...
Huh?!?!??
Old June 11th, 2011, 11:35 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Hudson
I'd argue that they've been too late for decades, but that's about where we end our agreement.

General Motors ISN'T "Government Motors." GM was in a bad situation that they could not extricate themselves. A window of opportunity opened and GM took it by declaring bankruptcy. This let GM get out of ancient and uncompetitive deals but required some outside help, which included a loan from the government. In just two years, the government's holdings in GM have been halved...and the rest will come in time. The government does not, nor has it ever, run GM. "Government Motors" is a nice little term used by hyper capitalists who don't understand economic or business. I've never been a fan of GM, but GM is currently in the best position it has seen in more than 30 years....probably much longer.

The press does NOT have to be behind whatever GM does. Why would the government having a stake in a company...any company...force the press to write good things about them? Especially since so much of the press is owned by foreign companies?

How do you figure it's "at least 5 years behind its release date?" The CONCEPT was introduced to the public four years ago in January. So how would they have promised to release it a year before the concept?

Not going to happen. The Leaf has a range of less than 100 miles whereas the Volt can travel over 300 miles between refueling stops. Find new cars and used cars, auto dealers, automobile financing, and car reviews on NabaCar.com This is far from impractical for just about anyone in America.

Funny...really. John Stewart picks on politicians and reporters who don't seem to learn....conservative or liberal. Rush Limbaugh spews half-truths to an audience of people willing to suck up anything he says as gospel. Case in point: did you read or hear what Mr. Limbaugh said about the Volt? He assumes that his audience is stupid and that they don't have a mind of their own....or he's simply stupid himself. I'm making the assumption that he believes his audience is stupid and that he's a brilliant capitalist. You'd never see John Stewart flaunt a golden microphone or puff himself up was the all-knowing diety that Mr. Limbaugh portrays himself to be. Yes, I believe it's an act...one that's making him TONS of money from the unwashed masses who follow his every word.

Unwashed masses who believe GM to stand for "Goverment Motors" or use terms like "Obamacare" or "death panels." These people who can't read a newspaper without thinking that anything pro-goverment must be written under the authority of the government.

But I digress.

Read about the Volt. Again, I'm not a GM fan and I've tried to put together a negative piece on the Volt. It's far from perfect but it's not worth tearing down either. It's not the radical next step that GM portrays it to be (or that the first-generation Prius was), but it's another option in the need to have more fuel efficient cars on the road.

Not a surprise.
300 miles is more than enough for me. I never drive that much. they need to have a home station in your garage that when you pull in, it docks up automatically and you will be ready to go the next day.
Old June 11th, 2011, 11:36 AM
CF Beginner

I really think Chevy has pulled off a good one with the volt.

and next, year and the year after they will get better and better. I do worry about what i am going to run my old camaro on.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rush Limbaugh and the Volt