Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

2005 Chevy cobalt collapsed upper radiator coolant hose

Search this Thread

Old October 29th, 2007, 12:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Chevy cobalt collapsed upper radiator coolant hose

I have a 05 Cobalt with 40,000 miles. One nite after i got back from a business trip i was driveing home and my check engine light come on. So i went to advance auto they hooked it up to there scaner and came back with p0128. AKA coolent temp low the thermostat was stuck open. So i took the car to the dealer see if i can get it replace under extended warranty. well they would not because they said its a wearable part. They said to fix it it would coast me $450. well i dont have $450 so i took to a friend that works for gm and i told him ill give him 200 to fix this. (he has worked on my cars befor and has done great work).

So after he get all the work done and the car wasruning at 189 to 192F. thenI seen that theupper radiator coolant hose was collapsed. I freaked out i never seen that befor. he told me it was nothing.I dont think its nothing after i played with the hose and forced it to open it seem like it was staying open. then he added more water in the over flow and it sucked it down and stayed open. well we drove home every thing was alrightthe car was runing great. welllaterIwent over to my friends house and whenI was about to leave i thot i should check the hose and coolent lev in the over fllow. well the coolent lev was fine but the hose was collapsed agian but the temp of the car was at 189 to 194F.the hose is collapsedwhen the caris off and when the caris on.

Please help me out why is my coolent hose collapsed?? Please email me at rlucci06@hotmail.com if you have any idea it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Riley
Old December 8th, 2007, 11:05 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2005 Chevy cobalt collapsed upper radiator coolant hose

if u have air pockets in ur coolant system that can cause ur hose to collapse. or if u have a bad radiator hose.