Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Major problems with my 2011 Cruze

Search this Thread

Old October 25th, 2013, 1:02 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

gapeachforever,

Please be sure to keep us posted on your resolution.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old October 28th, 2013, 6:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
gapeachforever,

Please be sure to keep us posted on your resolution.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Well, we were told the problem wasn't covered under warranty because we can't provide all of the oil change receipts. I called the place in GA where we got it changed, but because we are from out of town (we live in VA but go back to GA a lot), they don't keep the records. There is a sticker on the door showing we had it changed a few months ago, so I think that should be sufficient enough for the last one. I'm furious because we have "bumper to bumper" for 30000 miles/36 months and we are still within that limit. We were told that the bumper to bumper covered everything, but I guess not. I've ALWAYS had Chevrolet cars and the ONE time that we have to use the warranty, we are told we can't because of 2 pieces of paper. The dealer doesn't seemed concerned at all and isn't trying to help us even though we bought the car from them. I am at my wits end.

Paula
Old October 29th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Official GM Rep

gapeachforever,

The bumper to bumper warranty covers everything if failure is due to manufacturer defect or workmanship. I can certainly assist you with speaking to your dealership. Private message me your name, VIN, phone number, and dealership.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old November 3rd, 2013, 10:35 AM
CF Junior Member

Noise coming from rear end area probably due to drum brakes. There is a fix for this that all GM dealers know about. Leaking water pump is common and is probably most likely causing your coolant reservoir to go dry. Low coolant level usually sets those DTc's you guys have mentioned due to leaking coolant from water pump.

It's terrible you guys are having turbocharger issues. I've heard of these before but have not seen one come through dealer yet. I would think they would give a little help and repair the vehicle for you guys as per one time goodwill since you bought the car from them. My only question is why don't you have dealership perform oil changes? Are they really that much more expensive around your area? At the dealer I work at we are same price if not cheaper actually than our competitors. Except the ones of course that just replace your oil and filter and send you on your way. Dealers actually provide a multi point inspection and probably would've caught that water pumps leaking before it got really bad.
Old December 20th, 2013, 6:20 AM
CF Beginner

I am having similar issues as bwelsh822 when i first got this car it was great, about a year of owning it the water pump went out, was replaced with the warranty however about a year and a half later at 37000 miles the there were some type of ball joints of some kind to do with breaking went bad, after fighting with the dealer they fixed it. oh not even a year later the pcv went bad, fixed under power train but now the car is over heating again and i am afraid to take it back to the dealer its throwing an error p00b7 according to onstar with not enough coolant, this car is almost 3 years old and only 75k on it these problems shouldnt be happening, if they fixed the water pump 6 months after i had it, that should be good right, what should i do?
Old January 31st, 2014, 5:01 AM
CF Beginner

Default Problems with New Chev. Cruze?

Yesterday me and my mother went and had her oil changed in her 2011 Chevrolet Cruze. She has 21,000 miles on it. We wait a hour and a half to get the oil changed and we leave to go get my check from my job. I drive to the bank and go through drive through and roll the window down and i smell something burning so my mom said pull out of the line and turn the car off. I did so. I opened the hood up and there was oil all in the bottom of the pan under the motor. i found a website http://www.amcarparts.co.uk/ which provide all the good car accessories. it helps me lot so i suggested to all to visit this please.
Old March 11th, 2014, 4:46 PM
CF Beginner

Default Ugh!!!

Wow now that I see all these people complaining about their 2011 chevy Cruz I think I shouldve done research on getting mine. I just took mine in yesterday my heat wasnt working in my car. I got a phone call with them telling me they had to replace the water pump. Which it was still under warranty but that is besides the point. This is the second time I have taken my car since I got it 8 months ago. I am really starting to regret getting this car!
Old March 20th, 2014, 2:08 PM
CF Beginner

Exclamation Fan running constantly / check engine light

Today my check engine light came on. We've had a rough winter here in PA, so I thought the constant running of the fan had been from trying to clear away the frost on my windows. Yesterday on the way home (50 degree weather) I got a message on my dash saying that "the fan was being shut down due to engine overheating." But I didn't have the fan on. It has been running by itself.

The reason I wound up here is because I just had an oil change, hoping that was the reason for the check engine light and fan issues (I was due), but it changed nothing. The fan setting is OFF, yet the fan is still racing and check engine light is still on.

I googled "Chevy Cruze fan running" and was surprised to find how many people this is happening to. Thing is, how do we deal with it?

I have a 8 hour drive trip coming up and don't want to run into trouble.
Old March 21st, 2014, 2:13 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by pinduca
Today my check engine light came on. We've had a rough winter here in PA, so I thought the constant running of the fan had been from trying to clear away the frost on my windows. Yesterday on the way home (50 degree weather) I got a message on my dash saying that "the fan was being shut down due to engine overheating." But I didn't have the fan on. It has been running by itself.

The reason I wound up here is because I just had an oil change, hoping that was the reason for the check engine light and fan issues (I was due), but it changed nothing. The fan setting is OFF, yet the fan is still racing and check engine light is still on.

I googled "Chevy Cruze fan running" and was surprised to find how many people this is happening to. Thing is, how do we deal with it?

I have a 8 hour drive trip coming up and don't want to run into trouble.

Hello pinduca,

I'm sorry to hear about your Cruze having some issues. I definitely want to help you with this. Could you please PM me your VIN, current mileage, contact info and preferred dealership? Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 28th, 2014, 10:08 PM
CF Beginner

I am with you My water pump went out too! they have a recall for the brake lines BUT cannot supply the Parts! My Transmission shifts hard! But was told it was all performing well ! I am at 31,000 miles. was told bumper to bumper warranty Five years! didn't tell me that was 36,000 miles. I think they are waiting for my miles to expire before they come up with these parts.I also had the passenger air bag sensor replaced. Never had so many things go wrong on a new car... AND Lousy service!!! If you are going to Recall something One would think they would have parts. They wont give me what I still owe on my car either for a trade in...very disappointed in Chevy

Last edited by dolphenlover; March 28th, 2014 at 11:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Major problems with my 2011 Cruze