Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Major problems with my 2011 Cruze

Search this Thread

Old March 14th, 2013, 6:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Major problems with my 2011 Cruze

Hey Guys,

Coming here out of desperation...

Let me start off by saying that I have only ever owned Chevys and I have bought them all from the same place (JBA) and let me just tell you how fed up I am with my cruze

I have a 2011 Chevy Cruze 2LT TURBO with around 37,000 miles on it

Let me give you my history with this car, Not only have I done all 500 recalls that this car has had I also had my water pump replaced not even a year after I had the car (warranty paid) also, six months later in September I had to pay OUT OF POCKET ($1,600) to have my turbocharger replaced after I couldn't prove that I had my oil changed regularly (when I did) they made me pay for it and said that was the cause even though I KNEW IT WASN'T!!!! Now here we are 6 months later in March and my check engine light has come on AGAIN for no reason with no warning and my acceleration has completely dropped. I have ZERO coolant in the overflow tank and the code scanner is coming up P00B7 Irregular/Low Coolant Flow... Now my car is OUT of warranty and I have no clue what repairs are going to have to be done now..

I am completely done with this car. When the Turbo Charger problem happened I received ZERO compassion or help from GM Customer Service even though I have been a LIFE LONG chevy person... I've owned a 2000 Chevy S-10 a 2002 Trailblazer and a 2004 Tahoe all of which I had no problems with like this...

Has anyone else experienced these problems? or better yet does anyone have any suggestions on how to get out from under this car?! I'm almost positive I owe more than it is going to be worth and I have NO interest in EVER buying ANYTHING General Motors ever makes again! It really is a shame that they are allowed to put these POS cars out and than expect people not to be pissed when something happens!

I'm at a complete loss here people... I have never felt more betrayed and had in my life...
The following users liked this post:
Carolina BabyBuhdah (January 3rd, 2021)
Old March 14th, 2013, 9:38 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Basically from what I just read about this DTC it could be your cooling fan, radiator coolant sensor, or the engine coolant thermostat heater is bad. The ECM is detecting the difference between the RCT sensor and the ECT sensor is greater than 30°C (68°F) when the ECT sensor is warmer than 117°C (242°F).
Old March 15th, 2013, 3:00 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

bwelsh822,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Cruze vehicle. Would you please PM me your case number, so I can look into this further?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
The following users liked this post:
Carolina BabyBuhdah (January 3rd, 2021)
Old March 18th, 2013, 3:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Noticing any leaks? Where is all this coolant going? Any white smoke coming out of the exhaust?
Old March 18th, 2013, 3:46 PM
CF Beginner

Also, how are you out of warranty...where im from powertrain warranty is 5 years 160000 km.

Maybe im missing something here?
Old August 26th, 2013, 7:58 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2011 Chevy Cruze P00b7 PROBLEM

I bought my Chevy Cruze 9 months ago. I now have 66,000 miles on it..3 weeks ago the check engine light came on, the fan ran constantly, and it ejected all the coolant, the reservoir was empty I put Dex-cool 50/50 in to take it to the dealer where I bought it . Took it in, the dealer ran the diagnostic and found and replaced the thermostat. It was covered under warranty. Now two days ago it started doing the same thing. Check engine light, constant fan running and little coolant left in reservoir. I took it to a different dealer due to close proximity to where I live they came up with diagnostic code P 00b7 and have no idea and never seen that code before. I am scared that this will be expensive to fix and not under warranty. Any suggestions as to what it is, if it is covered, any money trees to fix it. I am really starting to not like this car. :-(
Old August 26th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by Zanderdee
I bought my Chevy Cruze 9 months ago. I now have 66,000 miles on it..3 weeks ago the check engine light came on, the fan ran constantly, and it ejected all the coolant, the reservoir was empty I put Dex-cool 50/50 in to take it to the dealer where I bought it . Took it in, the dealer ran the diagnostic and found and replaced the thermostat. It was covered under warranty. Now two days ago it started doing the same thing. Check engine light, constant fan running and little coolant left in reservoir. I took it to a different dealer due to close proximity to where I live they came up with diagnostic code P 00b7 and have no idea and never seen that code before. I am scared that this will be expensive to fix and not under warranty. Any suggestions as to what it is, if it is covered, any money trees to fix it. I am really starting to not like this car. :-(
Hi Zanderdee,

We're sorry that you are facing this issue with your vehicle and understand how inconvenient vehicle repairs can be. We would happily look into your warranty information and research the code you are getting. If you're interested, please send us your VIN and mileage.

Thanks

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old October 14th, 2013, 3:57 PM
CF Beginner

Default Cooling fan running all the time

Ok here we go, my engine light has come on and off and now the cooling fan runs constantly. My heat guage reads normal, it shifts correctly (I have a 6 speed manual) but now I am hearing a roar in the rear end too. Is anybody experiencing any of these BS noises. I am very disappointed and the dealership keeps telling me I have to schedule later in the week. When I call no opening. Really tired of the BS.
Old October 15th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Official GM Rep

thisbrds4u2,

I am sorry to hear you are having these concerns. I can certainly reach out to your dealership and see what is going on. Please private message me your name, VIN, and the name of your Chevrolet dealership.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old October 24th, 2013, 11:02 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by bwelsh822
Hey Guys,

Coming here out of desperation...

Let me start off by saying that I have only ever owned Chevys and I have bought them all from the same place (JBA) and let me just tell you how fed up I am with my cruze

I have a 2011 Chevy Cruze 2LT TURBO with around 37,000 miles on it

Let me give you my history with this car, Not only have I done all 500 recalls that this car has had I also had my water pump replaced not even a year after I had the car (warranty paid) also, six months later in September I had to pay OUT OF POCKET ($1,600) to have my turbocharger replaced after I couldn't prove that I had my oil changed regularly (when I did) they made me pay for it and said that was the cause even though I KNEW IT WASN'T!!!! Now here we are 6 months later in March and my check engine light has come on AGAIN for no reason with no warning and my acceleration has completely dropped. I have ZERO coolant in the overflow tank and the code scanner is coming up P00B7 Irregular/Low Coolant Flow... Now my car is OUT of warranty and I have no clue what repairs are going to have to be done now..

I am completely done with this car. When the Turbo Charger problem happened I received ZERO compassion or help from GM Customer Service even though I have been a LIFE LONG chevy person... I've owned a 2000 Chevy S-10 a 2002 Trailblazer and a 2004 Tahoe all of which I had no problems with like this...

Has anyone else experienced these problems? or better yet does anyone have any suggestions on how to get out from under this car?! I'm almost positive I owe more than it is going to be worth and I have NO interest in EVER buying ANYTHING General Motors ever makes again! It really is a shame that they are allowed to put these POS cars out and than expect people not to be pissed when something happens!

I'm at a complete loss here people... I have never felt more betrayed and had in my life...
OMG. This really scares me. My check engine light came on yesterday morning and the car was lagging and shuddering. I got it to a mechanic close to my house who diagnosed that there was something wrong with the turbocharger. He called the dealer where I bought it and they said it was under warranty and needed to be brought there. By the time we got it to the dealer, smoke was pouring out and you could tell that something was burning. We left it and when they called us later, they said that there was a clog in the oil line to the turbocharger and not enough oil was getting to it resulting in some hose melting. Now they are saying that they have to contact GM customer assistance to see about the warranty and I might have to provide all the oil change information or the warranty might not cover it. The car has less than 30k miles and I cannot believe that the powertrain warranty wouldn't cover this. I should hear something back from the dealership today. After researching this issue on the internet, it seems like this is a problem for a lot of Cruze owners. I really hope that my car is fixed under warranty!

Quick Reply: Major problems with my 2011 Cruze