Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Major problems with my 2011 Cruze

Search this Thread

Old March 28th, 2014, 10:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has any of you had any luck resolving these issues from Chevy Customer Service that is asking for you to PM them ? Did they fix your cars ? Just curious? I get the run around. Had a recall last October, still do NOT have my parts OR will help me with my transmission troubles. My Husband is an ASE certified mechanic, we own our own Auto Repair business, He knows what he is talking about. Chevy has really let us down...
Old June 25th, 2014, 5:10 PM
CF Beginner

Default coolant problems, now check engine light is on

I'm experiencing some of these same problems. I only had my car since Feb, 2014 and it's been one headache ever since..I called Chevy to find out if my powertrain warranty covered water pumps. I was told it didn't so I had to pay to have it replaced myself. I argued that I thought it should be covered but no help. The dealership is NO help at all. I wish I never even looked at this car! Now check engine light is on with OBD code of P00b7. I give up with this car. I will do anything to get rid of it.

Last edited by msjack82; June 25th, 2014 at 5:13 PM.
Old June 25th, 2014, 10:11 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by msjack82
I'm experiencing some of these same problems. I only had my car since Feb, 2014 and it's been one headache ever since..I called Chevy to find out if my powertrain warranty covered water pumps. I was told it didn't so I had to pay to have it replaced myself. I argued that I thought it should be covered but no help. The dealership is NO help at all. I wish I never even looked at this car! Now check engine light is on with OBD code of P00b7. I give up with this car. I will do anything to get rid of it.
What year? 2011 also? -- it's a 2012. From profile: Vehicle(s) 2012 Chevy Cruze

What trim level?

Do you have a 5 year extended warranty???

Last edited by sledge.impy; June 25th, 2014 at 10:29 PM.
Old June 25th, 2014, 10:28 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by msjack82
How many miles do you have?

Have facts. Not thoughts.

Read this:

Chevy Warranty Information | Owners | Chevrolet

Powertrain Coverage
In addition to the 3-year/36,000 mile protection, many of your powertrain components are protected even further with coverage extending to 5 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first.
Engine
Engine coverage includes all internally lubricated parts, engine oil cooling hoses, and lines. Also included are all actuators and electrical components internal to the engine (e.g., Active Fuel Management valve, lifter and oil manifold) cylinder head, block, timing gears, timing chain, timing cover, oil pump/oil pump housing, OHC carriers, valve covers, oil pan, seals, gaskets, manifolds, flywheel, water pump, harmonic balancer, engine mount, turbocharger, and supercharger. Timing belts are covered until the first scheduled maintenance interval. Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are sensors, wiring, connectors, engine radiator, coolant hoses, coolant, and heater core. Coverage on the engine cooling system begins at the inlet to the water pump and ends with the thermostat housing and/or outlet that attaches to the return hose. Also excluded is the starter motor, entire pressurized fuel system (in-tank fuel pump, pressure lines, fuel rail(s), regulator, injectors, and return line), as well as the Engine/ Powertrain Control Module and/or module programming.
Old July 19th, 2014, 11:59 AM
CF Beginner

Default Worst car purchase EVER!

I bought my 2011 Cruze ECO in September 2013, I have already had it in for many different repairs, atleast 5 times! I am currently getting the P0299 and P00B7 codes and I just went through a week of my cruze overheating and leaving me stranded on the interstate and dealing with major coolant loss. I hate my car and wish I never purchased it, I'll never buy another CHEVY!

Guys,

Coming here out of desperation...

Let me start off by saying that I have only ever owned Chevys and I have bought them all from the same place (JBA) and let me just tell you how fed up I am with my cruze

I have a 2011 Chevy Cruze 2LT TURBO with around 37,000 miles on it

Let me give you my history with this car, Not only have I done all 500 recalls that this car has had I also had my water pump replaced not even a year after I had the car (warranty paid) also, six months later in September I had to pay OUT OF POCKET ($1,600) to have my turbocharger replaced after I couldn't prove that I had my oil changed regularly (when I did) they made me pay for it and said that was the cause even though I KNEW IT WASN'T!!!! Now here we are 6 months later in March and my check engine light has come on AGAIN for no reason with no warning and my acceleration has completely dropped. I have ZERO coolant in the overflow tank and the code scanner is coming up P00B7 Irregular/Low Coolant Flow... Now my car is OUT of warranty and I have no clue what repairs are going to have to be done now..

I am completely done with this car. When the Turbo Charger problem happened I received ZERO compassion or help from GM Customer Service even though I have been a LIFE LONG chevy person... I've owned a 2000 Chevy S-10 a 2002 Trailblazer and a 2004 Tahoe all of which I had no problems with like this...

Has anyone else experienced these problems? or better yet does anyone have any suggestions on how to get out from under this car?! I'm almost positive I owe more than it is going to be worth and I have NO interest in EVER buying ANYTHING General Motors ever makes again! It really is a shame that they are allowed to put these POS cars out and than expect people not to be pissed when something happens!

I'm at a complete loss here people... I have never felt more betrayed and had in my life...[/QUOTE]
Old August 9th, 2014, 4:52 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2011 cruze water pump

Same issues. Cruze has 42000 miles on it and is 37 months old and I just found out today the water pump is bad. I haven't had to replace a water pump in a car for over 20 yrs. had the braking issue that was the one eventually covered under a recall. When I took it to the dealer they told me it was dust in the brakes. Went to drive the car home and had the same brake problem. They eventually fixed it but never refunded my initial repar bill. Now I have a $600 dollar bill waiting for me when they can get parts. I will NEVER buy GM again. Bought car for my son who is in college so he wouldn't have car issues. All I do is take it in for repairs.
Old August 11th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi Mindimindi92 and Joecar,

I’m very sorry to hear of the concerns that you have been experiencing with your vehicles and for the displeasure both of your situations have caused. I understand that you’ve taken your vehicles to your dealerships and that you’re dissatisfied. Although our dealerships act as our eyes and ears when it comes to our customer concerns, I will be happy to contact them on your behalves and discuss your concerns further with them. Feel free to send me a private message in reference to this thread if any extra assistance is needed. I look forward to hearing from the both of you!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 4th, 2014, 12:42 PM
CF Beginner

Worst car ever made by go it's a shame I've had Chevy my while life. An this car sucks royal dick. I'm having the same problem but go told me I had nothing wrong but I know!!! My car it it's not running right at all it has stalled an many other things to go with it. WORST ING STENT EVER
Old September 10th, 2014, 12:45 AM
CF Beginner

I'm Getting scared I've been through so many of these problems My transmission has been completely rebuilt . There was a problem with a set of bolts not being tightened . So the Transmission was given a Major rebuild again . I too have had the problem with the Lag in performance EVEN after the Rebuilds . Mostly on turns in hills the Rev's climb the engine roars No Speed INCREASE Hear the same story Normal Performance
I've done the series of recalls that were required spent lots of time in the Shop trying to resolve these problems in Two Dealerships HAD the Air Conditioning Compressor changed and the system rebuilt after Strange Noises
AND was Lucky enough to have a Great Technician That person caught the other common problem Coolant leaking So the water pump was replaced along with other components NOW Just LESS than a Year Later I've had another COMMON problem looking at the forums I noticed the Fan Was running a lot after Shut Down That the Air conditioning was not working as well ! And then a Week ago The Coolant reservoir was almost empty ???? I had seen some leakage under the car BUT I thought it was Condensation from the Air Conditioning . I bought the Right Type of Coolant did the 50 /50 Mixture and topped the reservoir and now it's dropping again ! I fear it's leaking My car is at 83430 KMS The repairs were done Sept 26, 2013 . This sounds like a problem I've seen in many other forums Problems with the Coolant and the Transmission In Light of all these problems Will Chev cover fixing these problems that are reoccuring WHY is this occuring to so many cruzes ??? VIN 1G1PF5S98B7108939 Whom can afford to repair Water Pumps and seals every 10 Months And when will my Transmission just DIE again ? You can only go so far with Just Reverse Gears
Old September 15th, 2014, 9:04 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs down Another problem :(

Can anyone update me on the P00B7 code? My engine light just came on this evening, giving me this code. The overflow is also empty, where did it go?? It also sounds loud, like the fan keeps running.This car has already left my husband setting on the side of the road overheated and smoking, dealer said the radiator cap was loose??

I have lost my acceleration and I think I am out of warranty. This car has been a problem since we purchased it 10 months ago, we are the second owner, now seeing why the original owner got rid of it!

My dash also gets very hot. I had paper inside the compartment on the top of the dash and when I got in there the other day the papers were all black, looked like they were burnt.

I refuse to put more money into this car, should I be thinking it is the turbocharger?

Replies would be appreciated as I drive this car an hour each way to work on a busy highway.

Quick Reply: Major problems with my 2011 Cruze