Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

my engine fan is running all the time

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2015, 7:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just replaced the thermostat myself. Bought one online for $30. I figured it would be cheaper and less time.
Old June 4th, 2015, 9:07 AM
CF Beginner

I have a 2011 Cruze 1.4L Turbo that I've been having similar issues with. The fan runs full blast so that when I pull into my garage, the sound is very loud. The temperature gauge has not indicated the car is running hot at all. The car thermostat indicated it was warm but definitely not hot and my A/C was turned off. I am at 41k miles so I'm not sure if GM has offered any assistance on what seems to be a complete failure on their part.

I needed to take the car in for a few "optional" recalls anyway. Dealership told me it would be $118 just for the diagnostic to "make sure my tech gets paid". What the heck Chevy! Why should I be footing the bill for your faulty craftsmanship? Dealerships are compensated to perform recalls, so why not just own up and fix this issue?
Old June 5th, 2015, 12:05 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruze2011Owner
I have a 2011 Cruze 1.4L Turbo that I've been having similar issues with. The fan runs full blast so that when I pull into my garage, the sound is very loud. The temperature gauge has not indicated the car is running hot at all. The car thermostat indicated it was warm but definitely not hot and my A/C was turned off. I am at 41k miles so I'm not sure if GM has offered any assistance on what seems to be a complete failure on their part.

I needed to take the car in for a few "optional" recalls anyway. Dealership told me it would be $118 just for the diagnostic to "make sure my tech gets paid". What the heck Chevy! Why should I be footing the bill for your faulty craftsmanship? Dealerships are compensated to perform recalls, so why not just own up and fix this issue?
Hi there,

We understand how frustrating this may seem for you, and we would be happy to look into this more for you. Can you please send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership? We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 8th, 2015, 2:57 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi there,

We understand how frustrating this may seem for you, and we would be happy to look into this more for you. Can you please send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership? We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
I should point out, for posterity's sake and maybe to help myself save face from a bit of indigence, that Chevrolet's customer care team has been in contact with me and is helping me resolve the issue.

I'll post another update as things move along, but that's all I have for now.
Old June 9th, 2015, 8:41 AM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by Cruze2011Owner
I should point out, for posterity's sake and maybe to help myself save face from a bit of indigence, that Chevrolet's customer care team has been in contact with me and is helping me resolve the issue.

I'll post another update as things move along, but that's all I have for now.
I appreciate the updates so far, and I'm glad someone is looking into this further for you. We look forward to your additional updates soon!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 14th, 2015, 1:47 PM
CF Beginner

Default my engine fan is running all the time

We have a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze and it now has 42,000 miles on it. This problem has occured to us too. It's so frustrating knowing that after your warranty is up this problem seems to happen to alot of people! Why would they not make a recall on this. This makes us deter away from the brand Chevy. Brand new vehicle almost and there is already an issue. Now, you have to take the risk of paying out of pocket and hoping they fix it on the first try. Any tips to what the problem was and how it was solved from others with this problem is very welcomed!!!
Disappointed!
Old June 15th, 2015, 8:49 AM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by tvokes
We have a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze and it now has 42,000 miles on it. This problem has occured to us too. It's so frustrating knowing that after your warranty is up this problem seems to happen to alot of people! Why would they not make a recall on this. This makes us deter away from the brand Chevy. Brand new vehicle almost and there is already an issue. Now, you have to take the risk of paying out of pocket and hoping they fix it on the first try. Any tips to what the problem was and how it was solved from others with this problem is very welcomed!!!
Disappointed!
Hello tvokes,

We apologize that you are currently experiencing concerns with your engine fan on your Cruze. We certainly understand how frustrating untimely out-of-pocket expenses can be and would be more than happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message with your contact information, VIN and preferred dealership if this is something that you're interested in pursuing.

We look forward to your response.

Jasmine F
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 24th, 2015, 12:15 PM
CF Beginner

This problem was covered under the powertrain warranty and took 3 hours for the dealership to fix. Thank you to the customer service on here and the dealership.
Old June 24th, 2015, 2:00 PM
Official GM Rep

That's great news, tvokes! You're more than welcome and we're glad this was resolved to your satisfaction.

Best,
Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 30th, 2015, 9:54 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by bwalsh23
I am having a similar issue with my 2012 Cruze. Two days ago my fan came on and it will not go off, it keeps getting louder each and every day so I brought it to the dealership to get it checked. The engine light is on and I'm having to pay for the diagnostic and they're claiming that since I have 40,000+ miles I am out of my warranty so any repairs will be on me. This seriously rubs me the wrong way because I am just over 40,000 miles and if this is a chronic issue that is appearing on many Cruze vehicles then it should be a recall. This is my third Chevy vehicle that I've owned. I owned a Cavalier, a Cobalt and now my Cruze and this is outrageous! Why should the customers have to pay for a known software issue with the vehicle? I'm not doing anything wrong as for driving, I take care of my vehicle. It's something faulty in the vehicle and there's no reason the customer should have to pay for that! This unfortunately may be my last Chevy!

Update: I don't know if it was my call to customer service, me telling my story on the forum or the dealership itself but when it was all said and done somebody did the right thing. The dealership took care of the issue, I did get the same code as everyone with the open circuit, but they did in fact state I was covered under my warranty. I wasn't too happy coming into the dealership today but due to them doing the right thing, I was happy when I left. Thank you to everyone involved!
I am having this exact issue have an appointment at local dealer..and also bring charged for diagnostic test...hope my power train warranty covers

Quick Reply: my engine fan is running all the time