Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

my engine fan is running all the time

Search this Thread

Old July 28th, 2015, 5:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same problem as EVERY Cruze here

Yeah I have 76,000 miles on my 2012 Cruze and noticed the engine light, running fan, etc about a week ago. It doesn't overheat and I'm going to take it to AutoZone to get it scanned. Just wanna get in contact with a rep on here for when I go to my dealership
Old July 28th, 2015, 8:08 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Bobpelot
Yeah I have 76,000 miles on my 2012 Cruze and noticed the engine light, running fan, etc about a week ago. It doesn't overheat and I'm going to take it to AutoZone to get it scanned. Just wanna get in contact with a rep on here for when I go to my dealership
From what I gather so far is that the reps are not super helpful with higher mileage Cruze's. I've been in touch with one for about maybe a month now and haven't gotten anywhere I'm almost curtain that my fan has died because it has been running constantly, and my car is getting hotter than normal. So I'm probably going to end up spending more than 300 dollars to get my issues fixed..
Good luck.
Old July 28th, 2015, 11:33 AM
CF Beginner

Default Chevy cruze 2011 check engine light

My check engine light came on and I noticed my fan wouldn't shut off. I had diognostics ran from onstar and it said my engine was running at high voltage. There is 62000 miles on it. Is this covered?
Old July 28th, 2015, 11:42 AM
CF Beginner

Please help! Check engine light on. Onstar diagnostic said engine running high voltage. Is this covered. 2011 chevy cruze, 62000 miles.
Old July 29th, 2015, 12:45 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by SkyCruze1107
From what I gather so far is that the reps are not super helpful with higher mileage Cruze's. I've been in touch with one for about maybe a month now and haven't gotten anywhere I'm almost curtain that my fan has died because it has been running constantly, and my car is getting hotter than normal. So I'm probably going to end up spending more than 300 dollars to get my issues fixed..
Good luck.
***Update***GM got back to me on trying to get the issue fixed at a near by dealership or should I say stealership, 10 percent off original quote to get the issue taken care of. So if you are stuck talking to a GM rep for a couple weeks to a month, unless you are willing to take a 10 percent discount for the repairs, it is completely pointless to continue any further with them. The rep was extremely helpful I must say she did her best to help me out. 😀
Overall it was a huge waste of time to try and get this issue taken care of through a stealership, unless the car is under warranty it is completely pointless to try and get help from a GM rep.
I love my Cruze but I don't know if GM should be doing this to their customers if the car overheats due to this fan issue (when the fan does fail) the engine will overheat and could be very bad from there.. GM MAKE THIS A RECALL FOR A RADIATOR COOLANT TEMPERATURE SENSOR!
Thanks
Old July 30th, 2015, 1:55 PM
CF Beginner

I have finally narrowed mine down to a problem with the fan. I replaced the thermostat housing (found one on amazon for $30) and the check engine light went away. Fan would not come on so I replaced both coolant temp sensors (again amazon for about $12 each). The fan still doesn't come on so if I'm setting still in the heat of summer the coolant starts to overheat. Not sure if it's a relay or the fan itself. Also noticed that the A/C compressor is sounding unusual like it's having a hard time kicking in when it's in idle. And the truck switch quit working and I could only open the trunk with my fob. I have a truck with twice the mileage and less the problems. If I can get the fan fixed I'll sell cheap before something else happens. I like the car otherwise but too many problems for me to buy another.
Old August 11th, 2015, 8:14 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2012 cruze

I just got back from vacation and started my cruze up and now have the same problem fan runs high all the time and check engine light is on. I have a 2012 with just over 38,000 miles plus I have a 2014 cruze so will this happen with this one as well after awhile. ....not happy about this at all. ...so many complaints about this same problem from others
Old August 15th, 2015, 8:03 PM
CF Beginner

I'm joining the club here. A week ago my 2012 Cruze with 53,000 miles lit up the engine light and the fan started running fast. It need not be a recall issue since it is under warranty and it does not hurt anything having the fan run fast. Keeps the engine cool as it reads a notch under midway on the cool side.

From what I read here, Monday I should take it to a dealer and they will fix it under the powertrain warranty.

Warranty Coverage: Cars, Trucks, SUVs, Vans | Chevrolet
Powertrain Coverage

In addition to the 3-year/36,000 mile protection, many of your powertrain components are protected even further with coverage extending to 5 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Coverage on the engine cooling system begins at the inlet to the water pump and ends with the thermostat housing and/or outlet that attaches to the return hose.

If it is the thermostat, it is covered.
Old August 15th, 2015, 9:46 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Steve Klemetti
I'm joining the club here. A week ago my 2012 Cruze with 53,000 miles lit up the engine light and the fan started running fast. It need not be a recall issue since it is under warranty and it does not hurt anything having the fan run fast. Keeps the engine cool as it reads a notch under midway on the cool side.

From what I read here, Monday I should take it to a dealer and they will fix it under the powertrain warranty.

Warranty Coverage: Cars, Trucks, SUVs, Vans | Chevrolet
Powertrain Coverage

In addition to the 3-year/36,000 mile protection, many of your powertrain components are protected even further with coverage extending to 5 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Coverage on the engine cooling system begins at the inlet to the water pump and ends with the thermostat housing and/or outlet that attaches to the return hose.

If it is the thermostat, it is covered.
This is great information but most of us are having issues with the sensor in the radiator.. If it is indeed a thermostat in your case you are covered. My case GM gladly told me to get lost unless I was willing to pay 300 dollars to have the issue fixed.

Thank you for posting this powertrain coverage information! 😊
Old August 17th, 2015, 5:57 PM
CF Beginner

I took it to King Chevrolet in Valley AL, this morning. At 1pm I called and they said they would have the part by 3pm and be done by 5pm. It was the P0597 & P0598 codes. They replaced thermostat and it was covered by the powertrain warranty.

Quick Reply: my engine fan is running all the time