Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

my engine fan is running all the time

Search this Thread

Old August 30th, 2015, 9:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixed in less than 5 minutes!!

Hello everyone,
So from the previous posts I explained my problem with my 2011 Cruze 1LT, radiator fan out of control and check engine light came on, and would not turn off. So I had taken the issue to my stealership and they quoted me 250+ dollars to have the issue taken care of. So I did some research on the code and sensor that had failed according to the GM diagnostic code scan they gave me. First off the sensor is about 24 dollars GM stamped with part number and all, ordered the part came in about 4 days later. Went to go install this part into the radiator located on the right side facing the back of the radiator, and WOW. I have no idea what the stealership was thinking. But all it took was unclipping the sensor from the radiator and unclipping the 2 pin cable running to the sensor. Not very hard at all. Hardest part was getting your arms and hands down next to the hoses and radiator and holding your finger over the hole so coolant doesn't come pouring out. But seriously not that bad at all. After I replaced the sensor I went in with an average code scanner and cleared the code for the sensor then started the car, what do you know.. It worked like a champ, I started and stopped it about 5 times, on and off for about 15 minutes each (on and off) and then tried my remote start and yes that started working correctly as well. Overall about maybe 30 dollars in total, problem was fixed DIY. I can't believe how dealerships will scam you for a simple job like this and not hold it under warranty. Just silly. I wanted to let you all know what I did to fix the issue.. Good luck and Thank you for your posts.

This is the sensor that was replaced under 30 dollars. Part number 55563530

Last edited by SkyCruze1107; September 22nd, 2015 at 3:17 PM.
Old September 2nd, 2015, 7:16 PM
CF Beginner

it is amazing to see over and over a problem early on and the best the service reps can say is take it to the dealer

my cruze (yes, less than 75k) is doing THE EXACT SAME THING. I have ordered the sensor so I have my fingers crossed.

ah yes, I have had to replace to windshield motors TWICE as well.

What a piece of junk! I just traded in a Toyota van with 260K which was running in just fine. This is the last chevy I will buy
Old September 9th, 2015, 8:25 AM
CF Beginner

Default Problems with Chevy cruze

My car is doing the same thing, my car is a 2011 Chevy cruze, need help asap

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi bwalsh12,

We're pleased to learn that your concerns were resolved! Please let us know if you have any vehicle questions or concerns in the future.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 30th, 2015, 10:26 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same here

2011 Chevy cruze with 50,000 miles. Light came on, fan running full speed when engine is on.
Old October 1st, 2015, 12:06 AM
CF Beginner

Default Chevy cruze

Originally Posted by Schniezer1807
2011 Chevy cruze with 50,000 miles. Light came on, fan running full speed when engine is on.

Took the car to dealer and they changed the water pump, I've noticed for awhile there's a smell like antifreeze or something going on everyday it lasts for a bit, but that's everyday, have to roll down Windows because I can't stand the odor
Old October 1st, 2015, 8:45 AM
CF Beginner

It gets better. Just when you think you have a problem fixed another arises. Today I'm on my way to work and the temperature gage quits working which means the A/C stops working as well because the computer thinks the car is overheating, which it's not. I guess the best thing for me to do is bite the bullet and spend money to get all these problems fixed so I can sell this piece of crap car and buy something else. It's amazing, I bought a used truck with twice the miles my cruze has with fewer problems.
Old October 1st, 2015, 1:16 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tcobb64
It gets better. Just when you think you have a problem fixed another arises. Today I'm on my way to work and the temperature gage quits working which means the A/C stops working as well because the computer thinks the car is overheating, which it's not. I guess the best thing for me to do is bite the bullet and spend money to get all these problems fixed so I can sell this piece of crap car and buy something else. It's amazing, I bought a used truck with twice the miles my cruze has with fewer problems.
There's been so many recalls, so much going on, I used to love my car, now I'm just waiting to get done with payments to get a new car if possible...
Old November 8th, 2015, 7:41 PM
CF Beginner

I'm also a 2012 Chevy Cruze owner. My check engine light also came on. My fan is running all of the time but it is not overheating. I took it to autozone and the gave me the p5099 code for the thermostat. Is there a recall for this finally since everyone keeps having this same issue?
Old November 9th, 2015, 11:33 AM
CF Beginner

Default Recall

There was a recall, the recall said to take it to the dealer "if" indeed you were having trouble with the fan, only take it to dealer if you were having trouble
Originally Posted by Hkraus
I'm also a 2012 Chevy Cruze owner. My check engine light also came on. My fan is running all of the time but it is not overheating. I took it to autozone and the gave me the p5099 code for the thermostat. Is there a recall for this finally since everyone keeps having this same issue?
Old November 11th, 2015, 2:26 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2011 Chevy Cruze

My 2011 Chevy Cruze for the past two winters every time I run the heat my check engine light comes on and the engine runs high. Never overheats. Sometimes when I turn the air on the engine will die down but who really wants to run their air in the winter. Both the air and heat work fine. HELP PLEASE!!

Quick Reply: my engine fan is running all the time