Engine Building & Overhauling All you ever wanted to know about building and rebuilding engines in here! Remember to post your model-specific questions in the correct section.

Before you post in Engine & Internal

Search this Thread

Old July 4th, 2008, 7:35 AM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Before you post in Engine & Internal

Please be aware that the Engine & Internal section is not a tech section. The section's purpose isto talk about improving [/align]performance by beefing up the Engine andInternal Parts of the Engine.[/align]If you post a technical question here, you are likely not to get an answer very soon and it will most likely be moved by a moderator.[/align]
The following 3 users liked this post by EvansBlue:
Bobby G. (October 18th, 2021), cadilac seville (July 3rd, 2019), The Heater (June 16th, 2021)
Old February 5th, 2009, 4:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where do you go with engine tech spec questions?
The following users liked this post:
cadilac seville (July 3rd, 2019)
Old March 23rd, 2010, 9:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm wondering the same. Ill just go ahead, but if I'm wrong, heres my sorry in advance.
The following users liked this post:
Bobby G. (October 18th, 2021)
Old January 21st, 2011, 10:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TPI 327 ???
Old 327 camel hump head, Duntov .012/.018 cam. Any intelligent comments. This is going in a old school hot rod 32 roadster Tremic 5 speed, 3.80, 9 in.It runs in the LOW 12s with a 358 and a Edelbrock 4 barrel,BUT it's just another ho hum 350. And YES I HAVE to run a solid lifter cam. Im not looking for words of discouragement or disapproval Im serious about wanting to make this work. I have been running TPI set ups for years and I want this to sound like a HOT ROD not a mushy, pillow cream puff. I will be drag racing and street long distance driving. I LIKE solid lifters and they DO make real horse power. If I didn't like working on it (adjusting the valves) Id buy a Preist ??? It aint a real HOT ROD if you can't hear that sound,you know the one where Every one snaps there head when you pull in. This is a fresh motor. i have try power a hi rise and 2/4's I would rather use TPI.
Thanks ZOOBCHOP
Old March 6th, 2014, 12:28 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by zoobchop
TPI 327 ???
Old 327 camel hump head, Duntov .012/.018 cam. Any intelligent comments. This is going in a old school hot rod 32 roadster Tremic 5 speed, 3.80, 9 in.It runs in the LOW 12s with a 358 and a Edelbrock 4 barrel,BUT it's just another ho hum 350. And YES I HAVE to run a solid lifter cam. Im not looking for words of discouragement or disapproval Im serious about wanting to make this work. I have been running TPI set ups for years and I want this to sound like a HOT ROD not a mushy, pillow cream puff. I will be drag racing and street long distance driving. I LIKE solid lifters and they DO make real horse power. If I didn't like working on it (adjusting the valves) Id buy a Preist ??? It aint a real HOT ROD if you can't hear that sound,you know the one where Every one snaps there head when you pull in. This is a fresh motor. i have try power a hi rise and 2/4's I would rather use TPI.
Thanks ZOOBCHOP
I love the sound of a solid lifter single can v8" I whish I had the time to care for one. I found with my old 67 9-1 350 after swapping the big chamber blah heads out for a set of camel hump 1.94-1.50 heads(487 cast? I can't remember) that I actually had to go one very small step down in can(hydrolic) to get a great tune on. Actually lift remained really close to the same but I went from 118° can centerline to a 109° and magic!

If you must stay solid...why not a roller solid lifter? You cam run quite a bit more lift at shorter durations that make motor sound great, you'll have massive torque at the strip down low and long distance reliability from the less friction roller. My 2¢ on a total of a buck fifty of knowledge lol
Old September 26th, 2014, 10:57 PM
CF Beginner

Default how to "BEEF UP" 2013 impala LTX

I have recently bought a Chevy Impala LTX with the 3.6. I love this car, however I would love it even more if I could find a way to do anything serious to increase the horsepower. Anything you folks would like to share would be extremely helpful, thank you
Old March 16th, 2020, 10:13 PM
CF Active Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tirerob
I love the sound of a solid lifter single can v8" I whish I had the time to care for one. I found with my old 67 9-1 350 after swapping the big chamber blah heads out for a set of camel hump 1.94-1.50 heads(487 cast? I can't remember) that I actually had to go one very small step down in can(hydrolic) to get a great tune on. Actually lift remained really close to the same but I went from 118° can centerline to a 109° and magic!

If you must stay solid...why not a roller solid lifter? You cam run quite a bit more lift at shorter durations that make motor sound great, you'll have massive torque at the strip down low and long distance reliability from the less friction roller. My 2¢ on a total of a buck fifty of knowledge lol

Wait a min.howmin.you get more lift with a roller.? And why. Edelbrock 7102 has .510 and I either have to spend a lot more or do some cam trading. Is there a way to fiddle with the geometry so I can keep some lope and don't break my rockers?