Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Antenna Mount Question

Search this Thread

Old February 13th, 2016, 12:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Antenna Mount Question

Anyone know how to access the radio antenna mount on the passenger front panel? My 2008, 2500 Express mount is loose and I want to fix it...
Old February 13th, 2016, 11:39 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The oem replacement and aftermarket ones tighten from the top.....does the factory one?
Old February 14th, 2016, 7:08 AM
CF Beginner

Seems there is a nut under the panel on the mount. Seems to be turning.
Old May 23rd, 2016, 4:56 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on my 2001... theres a bracket that holds the antenna in place.
the bracket can be unbolted..but i think you need to move the battery out of the way.

the bracket is silver and is held in place by two 10mm bolts

if you unbolt the bracket and the bracket comes off without the antenna...then the mounting "tabs" broke off.
you simply line up the antenna with the bracket where the mounts broke off and zip tie it together

hardest part is prolly getting the rubber grommet out and back on
Old May 23rd, 2016, 10:01 AM
CF Beginner

Default Solved!!

Thank you for the reply...I removed the darn thing...filled the hole, repainted and it looks soo much better...very clean...can not pull in am as well but I never used it!!
Old May 24th, 2016, 5:02 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i use it as a gauge to see if my roof will hit a ceiling in a garage
Old May 24th, 2016, 7:52 AM
CF Beginner

Default Roof it...

That's awesome.. I like it. The most I have to deal with is low branches but I would certainly want the same gauge if I was going into garages. I have a cover..it looks like Ringling Bros came to town when the rig is put away..
Old May 24th, 2016, 9:05 AM
CF Beginner

I was having trouble mounting my antenna so I bought a hideaway antenna. It gives descent reception(stations about an hour away) and it was 29.95 so I say it was worth it.
Old May 24th, 2016, 10:06 AM
CF Beginner

Default Hide Away

That is a great idea Bob..where were you 2 months ago? Hahaha We use our MP3 and CD/Satellite radio almost all the time so it kind of was easier to pull it and cover it. Had the front end being painted at the time anyways. AVS makes a great bug deflector we added and now she looks amazing. Down here in Alligator Country the guard was a no can do without so the whole job came together. The body shop gave me the bracket as a memento and you can not tell where the antenna hole was so we did ok.
Attached Thumbnails Antenna Mount Question-12998336_1319500021399841_8984707729944988666_o.jpg  
Old May 24th, 2016, 12:43 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by JAMBUS
That is a great idea Bob..where were you 2 months ago? Hahaha We use our MP3 and CD/Satellite radio almost all the time so it kind of was easier to pull it and cover it. Had the front end being painted at the time anyways. AVS makes a great bug deflector we added and now she looks amazing. Down here in Alligator Country the guard was a no can do without so the whole job came together. The body shop gave me the bracket as a memento and you can not tell where the antenna hole was so we did ok.
Looks great!