Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

electrical issue with van

Search this Thread

Old April 28th, 2013, 1:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical issue with van

Radio didnt turn off after turning van off and taking key out until puttin key back in and turning ignition slightly and off again then another day tail lights wouldnt turn off until shifter was moved then the interior light inside back doors wont shut off. helppppppppppp...........1992 chevy g20 conversion van
Old April 28th, 2013, 3:30 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

okay. the first one is kinda common. Once the contacts and actual teeth in the ignition switch wear down over the years you can actually shut off the vehicle, but leave it on acc and take the key out. I have done this before.....Just wiggle the ignition switch a bit to centre it when turning the car off.....I would live with that before messing around replacing the switch.
The second one sounds similar. The gear switch is a cable....make sure its adjusted properly. Was it tail lights or brake lights? A sticky brake light switch could also explain if the latter...
The interior lights have map light switches on each side....I bumped my head on it once and bumped the map light on.....but if its the centre cargo light....maybe a bad door pin....or the headlight switch got moved all the ay to the right to turn on the interior lights by mistake.....
Check all those little things....

I hope I have helped....