Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Express & G-Series Vans
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2011, 12:19 PM
CF Beginner

Question Little help please... No Headlights - G-30 VAN

We own a Coachman Class C, motor-home, built on a Chevy full size van cab-chassis...

Last night I attempted to turn on the headlights and only had partial success. Tail lights and all running lights are on. Dash lights are on. "Blue" high-beam dash indicator light stays on. No daylight running lights. When I attempt to actuate the high/low beam actuator I get no typical "Click". While it may be the dimmer switch, are there are any other suggestions for items I should check first.

PS: Bulbs are good...

Thanks in advance.

David
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 04-18-2011, 12:20 PM
CF Beginner

Default Forgot to mention...

Our G-30 is a 1992 model (see previous post)...

Thanks
Old 04-18-2011, 01:14 PM
CF Junior Member

RAGING_187

I would lean heavily towards the dimmer switch being out. This is a fairly simple fix tho. Yours is located on the column about 10-12 inches down from the steering wheel (towards the floor board). It has two small screws and a single wiring pigtail plug. Just make sure the position is correct on the installation or the unit may not engage the high beams correctly. If you need further help let me know.

Hope it helps.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:17 PM
CF Junior Member

RAGING_187

I also thought about something else, probably not this tho! Have you checked the relays? One of the could be out, however I doubt this is the case.

Hope it helps.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:58 PM
CF Veteran

did you check the headlight bulbs? they may be blown out. cheaper thing to look at first.

"My 98 Oldsmobile is so Super Sperrrrrrrrm! Suckers to the side I know you hate...my 98!! You gonna get yours! Get with it, the ultimate homeboy car."

Public Enemy "You Gonna Get Yours"
Old 04-19-2011, 12:03 PM
CF Junior Member

RAGING_187

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
did you check the headlight bulbs? they may be blown out. cheaper thing to look at first.

He mentioned in the first box that he checked the bulbs and they are all good!
Old 04-20-2011, 07:23 AM
CF Veteran

how does he know? They dont work. Are they good or do they LOOK GOOD. Headlights are hard wired. They arent supposed to fail in any condition unless the bulb blows. If the blue headlight is on then the high beams should be on. He can put a voltmeter in the socket and check for current, on both the low and high beam in the twin system and on the white/red and green system in a single bulb system. He didnt say if he had twin or single. At least he will know if current is getting to the socket which I think it is.
Then he has to check the wires in the harness at the headlight. With some of these as I found out in my Suburban over time the plastic harness fails and the wires lose contact with the posts on the Headlight. Might need to fab a new headlight harness.

"My 98 Oldsmobile is so Super Sperrrrrrrrm! Suckers to the side I know you hate...my 98!! You gonna get yours! Get with it, the ultimate homeboy car."

Old 09-18-2012, 05:50 PM
CF Veteran

he never came back and said what his problem was...

Old 09-18-2012, 05:50 PM

Tags
chevy, class, dimmer, g30, head, headlight, headlights, lights, low, running, switch, tail, van, work, working