Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2000 Cavalier and its many problems!

Search this Thread

Old July 17th, 2008, 8:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Cavalier and its many problems!

I've been searching all over the internet for cavalier info, and i finally bumped into this site in hopes of answering some cavalier questions.

I've got a 2000 Cavalier, 2 door base coupe - no power door locks, no power windows, no anything!

I have two lingering problems with it, and I've had itfor about 3 years now:

1) The vent settings do not work, air blows out of all vents at all times. I know that there is an actuator that pulls a white switch that controls the vent doors. When I got my AC fixed last year, they placed a clip on it, and it worked until recently when the clip came off. Is there an easy way of getting in there and either putting another clip or permananently fixing it?

2) How can I get to the rear speakers to replace them? Is it easy to do, or should I just have someone else do it? I had someone else install my stereo head unit, and I have no knowledge of cars with the exception of changing batteries, changing oil, changing air filter, checking fluids, pumping gas, etc.

Thanks! I would really appreciate any help