Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Need help with a few problems with my truck

Search this Thread

Old January 17th, 2008, 11:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with a few problems with my truck

Two problems any sugestions are appreciated!
1998 chevy 6.5 diesel 275000km

First on cold days (truck plugged in all night) will crank forever fire a few times or even start but stall right away i have to hold my foot on the gas and even then it will stall....once i get it started and idling it runs like a dream just the initial startup in the morning when its cold it struggles if the engine is warmed up and i turn it off then start it up it starts fine??? any help?

second i have no taillights or brake lights?! hooked up a chevy diagnostic tool up to it ran an all computer check and said everything was fine....tested lighted the fuse box under the hood ..good... changed my trailier hookup, changed bulbs...signals work....and if you change the fuse in the fuse box in your truck (by steering wheel) the tail lights work but as soon as you push on your brakes the fuse blows? confusing...went to a shop and they said they have to test everything and would be around 500 bucks....i need sugestions before i do this that is alot of money....thanks!