Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Squeak Noise

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2008, 11:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeak Noise

OK. Have an 02 Silverado Z71. I put new shocks on it a few days ago and yesterday I noticed that I'm getting a squeaking noise from 5 - 25 MPH. If I pull out of my parking space it wont doit. After I brake,it starts. It only does it though ifI am accelerating or brakeing. As soon as I let off of thebrake or gas it stops. After a few miles it wont happen anymore. Its hard to tell if if is coming from the rear wheel area or close to under the drivers seat.. I looked at the tires and didn't see any wear marks. Anyone know what this could be?
Thanks.
Old June 13th, 2008, 6:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Squeak Noise

I had the same exact thing happen when I changed my shocks on my 02 silverado, so this is the problem swap the shocks put driver on passenger and passenger on driver side, I know this may sound crazy but I re-tightened every frigin-bolt-nut-screw on the whole front endof my truck I mean all front end assembly fenders you name it I tightened all of itand the noise was still there so I said the only thing Ihavent done is swap the shocks so i did and there is NO more SQEAKING.