Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

VERY newbie needs help - Transmission fluid

Search this Thread

Old September 5th, 2007, 1:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VERY newbie needs help - Transmission fluid

I just found this site in hopes that I can get some info before I take my 1996 Chevy Blazer into the shop. I have had a problem 3 or 4 times where my truck begins to smoke as a result of transmission fluid leaking down onto something below the engine. I can see where it is leaking from. I know NOTHING about cars and have had my grand-father work on them, but I'm away at college and he's unsure of what it could be. RIGHT next to the dipstick for the transmission fluid there is this spunge like peice that fills up with whatI believe is transmission fluid. It then leaks down onto something hot and causes it to smoke. It mostly would occure whenever I got onto the highway and was cruising about 75 after awhile, but just the other day it did it when I went down the road and back. I have stopped driving it and am strictly driving my wife's car since we have the same sched. I'd like to get it fixed as soon as possible. Do any of you have any idea what I need to do?
Old September 7th, 2007, 9:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VERY newbie needs help - Transmission fluid

no ideas? I'm completely clueless and have no idea....so any help would be amazing