Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2007, 01:58 AM

Default Vibration while driving approx 40 mph

I have a 2000 Chev 3500 454 cu in Dually. I have a bad vibration that feels like it is coming from the right rear of the truck. I have had all the tires balanced and rotated and still a vibration. I was told that one of the rear wheels was bent so I replaced it with a new one and had that one balanced...still a vibration. The vibration starts around 40 mph and quits around 50mph, but starts back up at 60mph. I have placed the truck on jack stands and placed the truck in gear to check to see if there was a wobble or anything.....nothing but even turning wheels.....please if anyone can help me with any ideas let me know.......
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 01-12-2007, 12:04 AM

Default RE: Vibration while driving approx 40 mph

dont know thats crazy i cpuld not see it being much more is it winter a small chunk of ice or snow can through it off balance
Old 01-12-2007, 02:54 AM
CF Veteran

I would road force balance the tires again. Or maybe one of the tires is out of round. Good Luck
Old 01-13-2007, 02:07 AM

Thanks John1967 and Engine2 for the posts..I need all the help I can get.....

Amos221
Old 01-16-2007, 01:14 AM

Are you sure the vibration is in the rear? I had a similiar problem that I noticed as occassional steering wheel shimmy. It was caused by a worn upper ball joint.

Even if the tires are balanced you still might get vibration or shimmy from a tire that has a bad belt. When I was troubleshooting the bad ball joint I had the shop I bought my tires from check for this during a tire rotation.They were actually the ones that told me exactly which ball joint was bad all for no charge.

Another problem could be if you have a 2 piece driveshaft. Awhile back I was reading up on a lot of problems associated with them. Might be worth the research.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:04 AM

Thanks midwest_Guy15,

I will try all ideas....and I will post what happens

Amos221
Old 01-22-2007, 12:04 AM

Tags
2009, 40, 50, ball, chev, chevy, driving, joint, malibu, mph, tires, troubleshoot, upper, vibration, vibrations