HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

Sunroof exploded

Search this Thread

Old February 17th, 2015, 5:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear window exploded

i am surprised to find that others have also had exploding windows like i experienced this morning in my HHR. i ducked when it occurred, but now the cost of replacing something that potentially could have been a manufacturing error from the start ? if anyone could please advise it would be appreciated
Old February 18th, 2015, 12:10 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by themaritimer
i am surprised to find that others have also had exploding windows like i experienced this morning in my HHR. i ducked when it occurred, but now the cost of replacing something that potentially could have been a manufacturing error from the start ? if anyone could please advise it would be appreciated
What year is your HHR?

wait.. those are old...right?
Old December 9th, 2016, 9:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Same thing happen to me. My Car is 4 months old and Sunroof exploded while driving, Not near a bridge, not near a large truck. I was expecting to see a rock or what have you when I pulled over. It appears the glass exploded out, not it, about the size of a soccer ball. Called dealership 3 x and was eventually pushed away to a private glass installer. In the mean time, I am personally paying for a renter car while the chevy glass specific for my car is shipped to my repair shop. Very disappointed in the service dealership.
Old April 5th, 2022, 8:25 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cselebay
I'm wondering if anyone has heard of this happening. I was driving my 2006 HHR down a secondary highway on Thursday afternoon and out of nowhere there was a big bang and sucking wind sounds. Thankfully, my sunshade had been pulled across the sunroof, or myself, my Mom and my baby would have been showered with broken glass.

When we stopped to investigate, there was a huge hole in the glass and the remaining glass was shattered right to the edges.

There were no cars directly in front of us and I can't be sure, but I don't think that a vehicle passed us going the other direction.

Freaky. Of course, I don't have glass insurance so I'm not covered that way. Will call the dealership on Monday to see what they say but I think I'm stuck. It was so random. I'm just glad that I had the sunshade pulled and no one was hurt.
HHR was not designed to drive with the windows down, you get alot of back pressure from the windows, and possibly can shatter your glass