Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

04 impala electrical issues...HELP!

Search this Thread

Old July 24th, 2014, 12:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 impala electrical issues...HELP!

I'm having several issues with my 04 impala 3.8 liter, I believe they areelectrical issues and I am not sure if they are all related or separate issues.

1st issue and most important car is running hot, not overheating but whenstop at stop light the temp goes up to just below the red line. Check to verifyfans are coming on and they do but only for about 10 sec then they turn offagain. I turn on my AC and fans start.

Next issue is with AC, while driving with AC on and cool air blowing, then I canhear the AC compressor drop out and then I get warm air from the vents. Now here is the part that Ican't figure out, I can roll down my window and then AC works again with coolair. It continues to drop out time after time and rolling down the window works everytime to get cool air back.

Next issue is with the cruise control. I set the cruise control and it cutsoff just as the AC does and when I roll down the window or just hit the window switchand draw current I am able to reset the cruise. The cruise will drop out ever30 to 45 sec but if I continue to hit the window up or down switch ever fewseconds cruise will not drop out. I can see the cruise light go slightly deemwhen I hit the window switch.

I have read about the ignition switch causing the issue with the cruise control but before replacing wanted to get some other input. Could the ignition switch cause all of my issues or do I have unrelated issues ? Could these issue be related to the PCM ?