Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevrolet Car Models > Impala
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2011, 09:07 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2004 Impala Blower Motor Issue

I have a problem that has me stumped. Several months ago the blower motor in my car became stuck on high. It stays on high no matter what setting the switch is in and also stays on even if the key is no longer in the ignition. I was told it was probably the blower control module. I replaced that along with the blower motor itself. The problem is still occuring. Can anybody help me with this?
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 07-06-2011, 12:12 PM
CF Veteran

Welcome to the forum. I guess that leaves the HVAC control module itself. Are you pulling the 30A HVAC blower fuse to stop the motor? Instead, if you pull the 10A A/C Cruise fuse from the left I/P fuse block and 10A DIC/RKE fuse from the right I/P fuse block, you'll completely pull the power from the HVAC control module. If that stops the motor, the fault will be within the HVAC control module.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:31 AM
CF Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinST View Post
Welcome to the forum. I guess that leaves the HVAC control module itself. Are you pulling the 30A HVAC blower fuse to stop the motor? Instead, if you pull the 10A A/C Cruise fuse from the left I/P fuse block and 10A DIC/RKE fuse from the right I/P fuse block, you'll completely pull the power from the HVAC control module. If that stops the motor, the fault will be within the HVAC control module.
I'm having the same issue but my car is a 2005. We tried what you said to do and the blower motor is staying on. What else could it be?
Old 07-16-2011, 02:09 PM
CF Addict

not anymore Kevin Koloff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevygurl87 View Post
I'm having the same issue but my car is a 2005. We tried what you said to do and the blower motor is staying on. What else could it be?
I'd suggest pull fuses associted with the a/c, or heater controls, but not the fuse to the motor itself. That should help isolate what the cause is keeping the motor on.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:22 PM
CF Veteran

The blower motor control processor module is powered by the 30A HVAC blower fuse (hot at all times). It then runs the blower motor according to the speed control signal from the HVAC control module. The HVAC control module (control head, if you will) is powered by the 10A A/C Cruise fuse (hot with key on) and 10A DIC/RKE fuse (hot at all times). Thus, if the blower motor continues to run with the HVAC control module powered down (both said fuses removed), the blower motor control processor module is probably at fault.

Last edited by EinST; 07-16-2011 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-16-2011, 03:22 PM

Tags
04, 10, 2004, ac, amp, blower, control, cruise, dic, dicrke, fan, fuse, heater, impala, module, motor, stays, working