Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body
Old July 22nd, 2015, 12:20 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

HVAC blend door actuator

Search this Thread

Old September 12th, 2013, 1:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HVAC blend door actuator

I'm new, don't even know if I'm in the right place, but I can sure use some help.
I own a 2008 Impala SS. The passengers side heat is working fine, the drivers side just blows cold air. I've done some reading that would indicate that the problem is the blend door actuator. Originally I thought there were only two actuators, but I was told this morning there are four. The person that told me that said he wasn't sure where they were located, but he was sure there are four.
Can someone help me out with how many there are and where they're located?
Old September 14th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

rgboulanger,

I can certainly reach out to our internal resources for you to find out. They will require the last 8 digits of your VIN. You can send it via private message if you would like or here on the forum.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 15th, 2013, 8:31 AM
CF Beginner

Erica Tiffany,

Thank you for your prompt reply. The last 8 digits of my VIN are: 89122463.

Thanks again,
Ron
Old September 15th, 2013, 1:44 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

rgboulanger Welcome to the forum

I know that on 07 and up Tahoe's suburbans etc, the blend doors can be calibrated...I don't know if this the problem you are having or if your door actuators are actually out.. However what you can try is see if they will re-calibrate...
To do so:
Remove the HVAC fuse for 10 seconds..
Re-install fuse
Start engine the HVAC system will start to calibrate, do change or make any adjustments to the AC while it is calibrating...
The calibration takes about 1 minute....after that you can try adjusting the settings to see if they work....

Again I know it works for my 07 Tahoe so it may also apply to your vehicle...
Old September 16th, 2013, 7:48 AM
CF Beginner

Hello,
If I rotate the passenger side dial from cold the hot position I can hear the door or whatever is moving. When I do the same thing on the drivers side nothing happens. I'll give the fuse procedure a shot. I'd like to know where the actuator is located so I can replace it if necessary.
Thank you,
Ron
Old September 16th, 2013, 8:48 PM
Administrator

Ron, I checked the info I had and it did not show the "manual" way that I stated for re-calibrating the blend doors, it only showed how to do it with the Tech2 scan tool....
I did find this info for the removal and replacement, take a look at it and see if it applies to your application...
Attached Files
Old September 17th, 2013, 1:30 PM
Official GM Rep

Ron,

I was able to reach out to our internal resources for your concern. They stated they are unable to answer unless they look into your vehicle. I know you wanted to do this yourself but if you would like your GM dealership to look into this let me know.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 19th, 2013, 10:56 AM
CF Beginner

Erica Tiffany,

Thank you for your help.
I'm retired and living on a fixed income in a state with a high cost of living.
I went to the Chevy dealer where I purchased the car in Oct. 07. The service manager advised me that it will cost $139 just to diagnose the problem. He stated there are four blend door actuators in the 08 Impala SS. He said he wasn't sure where each was located, but according to his computer the labor time to replace the one he thinks it might be is 3.5 hours. The part is around $50 the labor and taxes would be over $400. If it's humanly possible, I'm doing this myself. I just need something to show me where the actuators are located. I'll figure the rest out on my own.
Thanks,
Ron
Old September 19th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Ron, were the PDF's I posted of any help or relevance ?
Old September 19th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by rgboulanger
Erica Tiffany,

Thank you for your help.
I'm retired and living on a fixed income in a state with a high cost of living.
I went to the Chevy dealer where I purchased the car in Oct. 07. The service manager advised me that it will cost $139 just to diagnose the problem. He stated there are four blend door actuators in the 08 Impala SS. He said he wasn't sure where each was located, but according to his computer the labor time to replace the one he thinks it might be is 3.5 hours. The part is around $50 the labor and taxes would be over $400. If it's humanly possible, I'm doing this myself. I just need something to show me where the actuators are located. I'll figure the rest out on my own.
Thanks,
Ron
Hello Ron,

Thanks for responding back. I will let Erica know of your decision. I see in2pr provided a couple of documents and was wondering if that helped you locate the actuators. If there are any general questions we can help with, don't hesitate to contact us and also feel free to update us again in regards to your current situation.

Sincerely,

Laura M. (assisting Erica Tiffany)
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quick Reply: HVAC blend door actuator