Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Remote key fob learning for 07 impala

Search this Thread

Old January 25th, 2012, 8:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Remote key fob learning for 07 impala

I have recently bought a 07 impala and have two key fobs but neither of them are programed to the car. When I go into the DIC to program them I scroll to the screen that says, press "check" to relearn remote key, I press the check button and instead of the screen changing to remote key learning active, it just returns to the press check to relearn key screen. Is there anything that I can do to program the key fobs or is there something else wrong, would it be something that a dealer/mechanic could fix if I brought it in.
Also the Tire pressure monitoring system does not work and I get a message that says to service the TPMS every time I turn on the car, could this be related to the key learning problem?

Thanks, any advice would be much appreciated
Old January 25th, 2012, 10:33 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. They are related in so far as both the RKE key fobs and TPMS sensors transmit RF signals to the RCDLR module. It may need to be reprogrammed or even replaced. Consider a visit to the service department.
Old January 26th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> nickb90,

EinST offers a great suggestion, please visit your local dealer.

Each remote keyless entry transmitter is coded to prevent another transmitter from unlocking your vehicle. If a transmitter is lost or stolen, a replacement can be purchased through your GM dealer. Remember to bring any additional transmitters so they can also be re-coded to match the new transmitter. Once your dealer has coded the new transmitter, the lost transmitter will not unlock your vehicle. The vehicle can have a maximum of eight transmitters matched to it.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 2nd, 2012, 5:20 PM
CF Beginner

Yeah I thought I would have to bring it to a GM mechanic. Thanks for the info!
Old April 2nd, 2012, 2:28 PM
CF Beginner

If you have to buy a new one, I'd check out Keyless Remotes. They are really thorough with instructions. I got mine there, and it was a cinch replacing the key fob.