Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

burnt headlight

Search this Thread

Old July 11th, 2008, 9:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default burnt headlight

hey guys my wife has a 1998 malibu, with a burnt out headlight, low beam, driver's side. can somebody please give me a quick run down on the easiest way to change it out? do i have to take some stuff apart? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

tim
Old July 11th, 2008, 10:46 AM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: burnt headlight

You have to remove the clips that hold the plastic cover over thetop of the headlight. Then pull up on the two whitetabs and slide out the headlight assembly (they may be black, some are different than others I've only ever worked on a 1999). [/align]Then remove the offending bulb by truning the bulb to the left, then pulling it out. The wiring harness snaps off the bulb and the new bulb will snap right in place. Don't touch the glass of the bulb when re-installing. Oils from your skin can somehow penetrate the glass and make the bulb fail prematurely. When you snap the headlight assembly back in, make sure the tabs are lined up properly and then check your headlight beams to make sure it isn't too high, if it is, readjust the tabs and try to work it in place correctly.[/align]