S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

1999 Clutch Pedal Removal. How does it come out?

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2015, 10:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Clutch Pedal Removal. How does it come out?

I have a 1999 Single Cab S10 pickup with a 5 speed manual transmission. My clutch pedal needs work. The springs or bushings need replaced, maybe the entire pedal? The one side is loose and the pedal flops around. The parts are available at the dealer, even cheaper online, but I cannot figure out how to remove the pedal. Does it snap in up inside that cast(pot metal) housing under the dash? I need to remove the pedal so I can see exactly what I need to order to be able to repair the pedal. How does this thing come out? Thank you! Un-driveable at the moment. Please help!!

carlkwaz at gmail dot com
Old May 9th, 2015, 4:16 PM
CF Beginner

The one side of those two bushings was broken enough where I could actually wiggle the pedal and then completely remove it. The plastic bushings were shot as well as one of the springs. If the one side was not completely broken I do not see how one could get in there easily to compress the springs without at least removing the instrument cluster. I only had to remove the kick panel under the dash.Name:  pedals4_zpshijuna1w.jpg
Views: 12108
Size:  83.1 KB
Old May 9th, 2015, 4:17 PM
CF Beginner

Here you can see the removed pedal and the parts from the pedal. The parts are availabe from the dealer as well as online.
Name:  pedals5_zpso2vffnxz.jpg
Views: 10886
Size:  365.9 KB
Old May 9th, 2015, 9:43 PM
CF Veteran

Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Piece of doodoo plastic parts!@#. Saw other complaints on another forum when I googled this. Let us know how difficult to reassemble.
Old May 9th, 2015, 10:39 PM
CF Beginner

Someone posted on another forum in response to my issue that they removed the entire box and was able to use the brake pedal parts to repair the clutch pedal, which are more heavy duty and not cheap plastic etc. My opinion is that if one can repair the pedal without remove the dashboard and the metal box I would recommend that. I will be posting pics of the new parts when I get them as well as the results of the replacement and re-install of the pedal.
Old March 15th, 2020, 1:41 PM
CF Beginner

Talking

Originally Posted by carlkwaz
Here you can see the removed pedal and the parts from the pedal. The parts are availabe from the dealer as well as online.
Attachment 10421
Hi,
where did you get that piece i need it just the same for my s10

I'm from Mexico and I didn't get it here, apparently there isn't.Thanks for your help.
Old March 15th, 2020, 6:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 553 Posts

he said he got it from the dealer, or online. Where did you check?
Old June 21st, 2020, 8:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Did you follow this up?

Originally Posted by carlkwaz
Someone posted on another forum in response to my issue that they removed the entire box and was able to use the brake pedal parts to repair the clutch pedal, which are more heavy duty and not cheap plastic etc. My opinion is that if one can repair the pedal without remove the dashboard and the metal box I would recommend that. I will be posting pics of the new parts when I get them as well as the results of the replacement and re-install of the pedal.
Has anyone seen or done a how to do this. I consider my self a OK mechanic but don't know where to start on this.