Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

1998 350 im stumped!

Search this Thread

Old September 22nd, 2013, 9:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 350 im stumped!

So I recently got my new beautifuly clean 98 chevy 1500 with a little over 200k on it but its the cleanest thing I ever looked over. So I put tires on it made it legal and such, come home one day after i'd been driving it without hardly any trouble and I change the fuel filter. On off and back on in 20 minutes at most, crawl out from under start it up let it idle for like 2 minutes and shut it off. Go back out next morning to go to work and it wont start. Bendix engages but it wont roll over at all, the ground wire bolt was mostly stripped out so I thought maybe it was slipping so grinded a bear spot on the frame and put a new hole and bolt in it no problem. Same thing, I changed starter thinking that maybe starter motor was seized, same thing, bench tested it and works beautiful so then go to jump it thinking maybe battery is a little dead not strong enough, it rolls over a bit then just stops. change battery bc terminal thread nut pulled out, nothing, pull serp belt and one spark plug put plug back in and I can turn the crank over by hand. Go to start it after all back together again and it rolls, rolls, rolls, and dunk on the fly wheel it stops again. I pulled passenger valve cover the other day to check the rockers on down position valves to see if maybe one is stuck, its gorgeous under there the cleanest thing ever. I could eat out of it and valves, springs and everything is great. I don't know what to do guys I need help I think im pretty knowledgeable but im lost now
Old September 23rd, 2013, 7:08 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

have you checked for chunks outta the flywheel???

thats the only thing that jumps to mind here, sorry.