S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

IM STUMPED PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old February 8th, 2006, 10:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IM STUMPED PLEASE HELP

Hello all, I recently did a bunch of work on the under side of my truck so i took the bed off, when i put the bed back on none of my tail lights work except my plate lights and when i hit my breaks with the lights turned off the lights in my dash come on real dim. WTF is that i did nothing with the wireing just unplugged every thign worked perfect when i took the bed off any ideas on what i should look for. I have checked fuses followed the wires nothing is damaged no bare wire showing any where im confused as all hell. [&:]
Old February 9th, 2006, 9:55 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: IM STUMPED PLEASE HELP

I am not sure myself, but one would think that either there is a pinched wire somewhere bleeding current out, the connectors are not correctly replugged in or there is a short somewhere in the system. It seems that you have rechecked all the wiring but did that include the plugs contacts? They may have gotten dirty while you were working on the underside of the vehicle. Other then that, I would say get a volt meter and put it in the tail light and turn them on. See if you are getting current there or not, and then if not, back track to see where you are loosing it. I hope that this helps, it is a tricky matter when dealing with electricity sometimes.
Old April 22nd, 2006, 4:18 PM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: IM STUMPED PLEASE HELP

also i would check the curent at the spots where u unpluged them also i would put some high quality deolectric grease in the pulgs to stop any water from getting into them.