Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

can it be fixed easily

Search this Thread

Old July 17th, 2014, 11:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can it be fixed easily

ran my 99' chevy siverado out of gas. I knew it was out. so I only tried to restart it one time, then walked to get gas. put 2 gallons init. it started fine. mind you the gas gauge is f****d up. always has been. anyways, put the 2 gallons in and it started fine. runs fine. this was about 3 days ago. so I put 20 bucks in this am, I know for sure that its not out. low yes. but went to take off this evening was driving and it started to sputter like it was gonna die. do you think I have an air bubble in the lines. or what. will this happen every time I run low on gas? how do I get the air bubble out ?
Old July 18th, 2014, 5:02 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you change the fuel filter? It is a bottom feeder.

Allan
Old July 18th, 2014, 11:55 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like Allan said, check the filter, it may be clogged.

Also, Did you get the gas at the same place you all ways do? Watered down gas will do the same thing, had an incident prolly fifteen years or so ago where a gas station here in town was watering down their fuel with kerosene. The one time we put gas into the tracker there it did exactly what you are describing. If you got the gas at the same place you normally do, then this is prolly not the case but that is not bad information to have.

As for the air in the fuel line, this is suprisingly less of a problem than you might think, When I put a motor into my 99 my fuel lines were left open and drained back into the tank completely. I hooked them back up completely unprimed and had no problems. With the way fuel is cycled between the motor and the tank air bubbles will cycle back into the tank almost unnoticed.