Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

07 Lights not working

Search this Thread

Old April 16th, 2011, 2:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Lights not working

New to this forum, so hello.......

My 07 4wd switch light, Light selector light, steering wheel light and now left door speaker wont work(pretty sure its not blown). What givies? Took radio out and looked at things, wiggled wires and took door panel off and speaker still doesnt work. Surely, all these things cant be related. But why all within the last couple of months? Any help or suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Next step is to replace radio......

Thanks
David
Old April 19th, 2011, 8:44 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

You could get a diagnosis from your dealership as a starting point to fix it yourself or if it something you are unable to handle you could have them perform the work. I hope this helps you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old April 19th, 2011, 12:06 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
You could get a diagnosis from your dealership as a starting point to fix it yourself or if it something you are unable to handle you could have them perform the work. I hope this helps you.

So is this what you do? Just go around and advise people to go to the dealership and toss money out the window? Thats rich, these people are here on this forum to try and avoid this very thing......
Old April 19th, 2011, 12:12 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Powerokie
New to this forum, so hello.......

My 07 4wd switch light, Light selector light, steering wheel light and now left door speaker wont work(pretty sure its not blown). What givies? Took radio out and looked at things, wiggled wires and took door panel off and speaker still doesnt work. Surely, all these things cant be related. But why all within the last couple of months? Any help or suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Next step is to replace radio......

Thanks
David

First off I apologize about the thread jack earlier with the dealership jackal.

This sounds like a ground wire started to get loose and finally broke or lost connection completely. Did you have aftermarket elecronic(s) installed in or around the time frame the problem began.
Old April 20th, 2011, 4:04 PM
Official GM Rep

Over the last two years, GM has become increasingly aware that each customer's ownership experience is paramount to our success. We would like to say that every element of our organization reaches these ideals 100% of the time, but we know that is not reality. While dealerships are independently owned and operated, we also understand our name is over the door. This is why we have been taking steps in the form of the online monitoring of forums and the like to attempt to assist our cusotmers in a more head on approach. I know you may not like being told to take your vehicle into one of our dealerships to have your vehicle diagnosed but it is the one and only way for us to reliably assist you should the need arise. I hope this has adequately explained what it is I am attempting to do by being here and why I ask and suggest the things that I do.

Old April 20th, 2011, 5:09 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Over the last two years, GM has become increasingly aware that each customer's ownership experience is paramount to our success. We would like to say that every element of our organization reaches these ideals 100% of the time, but we know that is not reality. While dealerships are independently owned and operated, we also understand our name is over the door. This is why we have been taking steps in the form of the online monitoring of forums and the like to attempt to assist our cusotmers in a more head on approach. I know you may not like being told to take your vehicle into one of our dealerships to have your vehicle diagnosed but it is the one and only way for us to reliably assist you should the need arise. I hope this has adequately explained what it is I am attempting to do by being here and why I ask and suggest the things that I do.

This is a fair response and I can and will appreciate it. I would certainly advocate the need for EVERY car on the planet be serviced from the dealer of its origin. But, the fact that these places are so over priced and don't seem to have any concerns about it and that bothers me. I can take this car to two or possibly three different independent shops and have the exact same quality and service of repairs then I could from one single visit from the dealership. Not to mention the "extra crap they try and pile on top of the bill. Explain this to me if you can!
Old April 22nd, 2011, 1:12 PM
Official GM Rep

I will try to explain your concern for you. Like I said above, the dealerships are independently owned and operated. GM does not run nor dictate how to run any of the GM dealerships. The dealership is a company designed to make money from the sale and service of GM vehicles. The other additional products or services that the dealership may advise you or other customers in getting or using is strictly on their terms. The dealerships offer these things, we are not able to do so. We don't have control over what they sell in addition to the parts, fluids and services that are required for our vehicles. Just like any independent shop they have certain ways of doing business and certain products and services that they recommend to their customers. Outside of the GM Certification for Service that the dealership service departments would carry I see no difference between them and an independent shop in your area. I hope that better explains the situation.