Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

motor shuts off

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2010, 1:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default motor shuts off

My 2003 Silverado 1500, Ext cab frequently shuts down !!! The warning signal beeps 4 times (without any visual indication of what the problem is), the door locks cycle on and off and the engine quits !!! First time it happened I was on an Interstate at 75mph and after restarting, had to stop to change pants !!
Took it to a dealer and they ran diagnostics to no avail. Since then it will still shut down but restarts from neutral or a down gear. Sometimes the engine does not shut down but the warning sounds and door locks cycle.. I never know when or why... Does not seem to matter. I feel it must certainly be an electrical problem somewhere but do not know where to start !!! It could be coming from the driver's door electrical connections ???? as quite often, my seat heater comes on at max temp (3 lights). Never know when that is going to occur also.