Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Let's try a diff approach about lifts

Search this Thread

Old April 27th, 2013, 5:47 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let's try a diff approach about lifts

Knowing now that pretty much any lift will void the warranty, let me ask this a different way. On a brand new, 2500 crew cab 4x4, with 4:10 rear and 6.0, how bad WILL a 4 inch lift and 33 inch tires actually hurt this truck? Any REAL life stories about how the tranny failed or premature enigine wear or axles leaked because of this lift. I mean who needs the warranty if the trucks going to hold up? I drive NORMAL, not crazy. In other words even 4 wheeling I am VERY responsible. What are the odds something will fail because of this lift? Thanks
Old April 27th, 2013, 8:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The truck will explode!!! Lol all kiddin aside, 33s and a 4" lift won't hurt you bad at all, especially on a HD truck. My dad has a vortec max, 6.0 and 4:10s with the HD rear end. He has absolutely no problem with it. If you want it to last, don't do a torsion key lift. Do a real suspension lift and keep the angles flat as can be. It'll keep everything at stock angles for better life. Only thing I see goin out earlier are tie rods and hubs, but that'll happen with heavier tires.