Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Location of 1991 Silverado blower resistor

Search this Thread

Old January 14th, 2012, 9:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Location of 1991 Silverado blower resistor

Hi, I've not figured out all the search capability in the forum, but so far have not found the answer to my question. Looking for the location of the heat/AC blower resistor for my 1991 Siverado, 350 engine if that matters.

I replaced the blower today for noise and near-failure conditions; partial good solution - only high speed works on the new blower. I don't think lower speeds worked before, either. Sounds like the resistor is the next candidate for replace. Problem: Where is it? When I select low or medium speed on the control panel, I can hear clicks in what I assume are relays behind the glove box space (which is currently out so I could get to the heater blower assembly for removal / replace). Selecting high yields the correct working speed. This is not critical, I have lived with lousy blower for over 3 years but it would be nice to have more than just high speed.

Thanks for looking this over.
Old January 15th, 2012, 5:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Got the answer. Neighbor came over and did some good detective work; the resistor is behind a three-relay set behind the glove compartment. Better yet, he found that the connection to the resistor was unplugged - must have been that way for years. Put everything back together and blower works on all three speeds - no need to replace resistor.