Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old June 5th, 2013, 3:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still no help from GM on my dash issue. Wife was seriously looking at the new Volt. Just purchased a new Lexus is250. After the issue with the dash on my Suburban, GM will be the last vehicle I or my office purchases.
Old June 6th, 2013, 9:41 AM
CF Junior Member

Angry Erica Tiffany Chevrolet Customer Service

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
mluz,

I do understand you concern. Our GM dealerships are independently owned, so as far as pricing it is up to their management. We view each case on a case by case basis. I will document your concern.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Service
The dealers are independent just like grocery stores. The dealers did not make the vehicle or defective parts, GM did. It's GM's reputation and responsibility, Not the dealer. The dealer will be happy to do anything that someone will pay for. As you said, they are independent but under contractual agreement with GM. The dealer just sold your product that you need to make a policy adjustment that is standard across the board for all dealers to follow. If the dealer can't sell your product or maintain customer service index by your standards, he'll change products. He gets his money from the customer, not you. It will be tough for me to buy another GM just because of the number of repairs. My dealer is great and he owns other manufacturer brands. GM...... do you hear us?
Old June 6th, 2013, 8:36 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mluz
I have written many times on this forum to try and help other Chevy owners with this ridiculous cracked dash problem. I am a private owner of a 2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ. I love my truck and keep it in excellent condition both mechanically and appearance wise. My dash cracked out of nowhere. I went to the Delray Beach FL Chevy dealer, where I do not have it serviced, and they replaced the dash for $400. I am happy with it. GM/Chevy should be ashamed of themselves for allowing something like this not to be taken care of. it is a DEFECT, not an occasional problem. As I have said before on this post; how could one dealer say yes and other say no? GM needs to step up and take care of it's loyal owners. I would be relentless in having them replace the dash. If one can do it for $400 then another dealer should be able to do the same thing. The dash boards are exact from 2007 through 2013. C,mon GM, do the right thing. There are a lot of other choices out there that we all can make. Good Luck.
mluz
At least you received the $400 fix. I received "a free trip to North Korea to promote democracy" - Dealer Quote.
Old June 7th, 2013, 7:46 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by rlehma1
Couldn't agree more. With the constant issues I've had with the Throttle Body Position Sensor (which only requires a TB cleaning even though they told me otherwise - recurring problem), EVAP Vent Solenoid which is a simple plastic part that I bought for $70 and replaced in 15 minutes (which they said they wanted $370 just for the part + labor - recurring problem) and the huge cracks in my dash right now (also a recurring problem) I'm getting pretty fed up and definitely not keeping my mouth shut to friends in the truck-buying market about the issues I've had.
Can you give me information concerning the Evap Vent Solenoid??
Old June 7th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by lburghoss
Still no help from GM on my dash issue. Wife was seriously looking at the new Volt. Just purchased a new Lexus is250. After the issue with the dash on my Suburban, GM will be the last vehicle I or my office purchases.
lburghoss,

Can you please private message me your name, VIN, mileage, address, phone number, and the name of your GM dealership so we can address this concern? Look forward to hearing from you.

Erica Tiffany

Originally Posted by mhanlen
The dealers are independent just like grocery stores. The dealers did not make the vehicle or defective parts, GM did. It's GM's reputation and responsibility, Not the dealer. The dealer will be happy to do anything that someone will pay for. As you said, they are independent but under contractual agreement with GM. The dealer just sold your product that you need to make a policy adjustment that is standard across the board for all dealers to follow. If the dealer can't sell your product or maintain customer service index by your standards, he'll change products. He gets his money from the customer, not you. It will be tough for me to buy another GM just because of the number of repairs. My dealer is great and he owns other manufacturer brands. GM...... do you hear us?
mhanlen,

You certainly have a valid point. I will make note of your statement. I am here as a customer service agent to be a liaison between the GM dealerships, GM, and the customer. I am assisting everyone to the best of my ability.

Erica Tiffany
Old June 16th, 2013, 8:28 AM
CF Active Member

Ok, it looks like I'm another customer who would like to say something.

In 50k miles my tranny fall apart internally - after little fight with GM - no cost replace (it was under warranty)

EVAP fail - never get repaired - i fixed b m self (vehicle was under warranty)

Chrome door openers - 3 of them was peeling off - they replaced free of charge, after i said that my wife did cut her fingers on it. (vehicle under warranty)

Now i got dashboard cracked right above the airbag.

Do i have a chance to get that fixed ???
Old June 18th, 2013, 3:14 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

vrso2,

I am sorry to hear you are having this concern. We can certainly look into this for you. Please private message me your name, VIN, mileage, address, phone number, and the name of your GM dealership you are working with. I look forward to hearing from you.

Erica Tiffany
Old June 19th, 2013, 4:33 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
vrso2,

I am sorry to hear you are having this concern. We can certainly look into this for you. Please private message me your name, VIN, mileage, address, phone number, and the name of your GM dealership you are working with. I look forward to hearing from you.

Erica Tiffany
I joined this site just for this issue. Will send PM.
Old June 25th, 2013, 2:00 PM
CF Beginner

Default MNFG Flaw

I had a 09 silverado with the exact same thing and i went to trade it in and the dealer said that Chevrolet switched manufactures from 07 to 09. But they didn't warranty it.
Old June 25th, 2013, 2:02 PM
CF Beginner

I am really discouraged by the posts regarding the cracked dash. I have a 2011 Tahoe LTZ that just developed a crack in the exact same spot (by the hump) as many others. The amount of people given the run around along with re-occurring cracks makes me wonder if I am just wasting my time trying to get it repaired. This is my first Chevy/GMC vehicle in 30 years so I do not have an established relationship with a service shop. I have another post about the navi-radio display turning on and off by itself. With these types of problems within 12 months of owning the car, not sure I can stay with Chevy/GM.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????