Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2009 Tahoe Bluetooth and iPhone 5

Search this Thread

Old November 18th, 2012, 5:55 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2009 Tahoe Bluetooth and iPhone 5

Does GM ever plan to offer updates to their vehicles or is this 1926?

I got an iPhone 5 and now incoming calls get dropped for 2-3 seconds un-muting the radio then re-muting, etc. the incoming caller ID still works when it wants, never works outgoing. Even with my last 3 iPhones.

Do they offer software updates or do they expect me to buy a new $55k truck for every phone?
Old November 18th, 2012, 5:58 PM
CF Addict

Default Well

I found this:

An issue with intermittent Bluetooth disconnects between select cell phones and General Motors 2011 and 2012 vehicles has been identified. As a result of the issue during incoming and outgoing calls customers may experience no hands-free audio in the vehicle. If this happens the vehicle may respond: "Unable to place call on your Bluetooth phone."
If you continue to experience this issue after January 16th, 2012 please press your OnStar blue button to speak with an OnStar advisor.
Old November 18th, 2012, 8:24 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Where you been? Thought maybe you finally got the Expedition of your dreams.

So did the OnStar adviser get you straightened out?
Old November 19th, 2012, 8:05 AM
CF Addict

Default Bluetooth

not yet; I plan to hit the button today; maybe they can remote update it (lol).

Been busy w/work, jet skiing, etc. But now that it's a bit winter out (35 this AM)... I won't be jet skiing for a while...

Still feel the Tahoe is junk, the rear windows when 1/2 down move all over the place, when it's cold there's a clicking in my dash, and the whole interior feels like it was copied in the dark, on a budget, with slave labor, from china.

Can't afford to replace it, looking at picking up another investment property... much more important than a car... one makes money, the other loses money.
Old November 20th, 2012, 9:53 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> SabrToothSqrl,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue. It may be due to a software compatibility issue. Was OnStar able to resolve this issue? If not, I recommend contacting your local dealer for additional information.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service