Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Front Wiper Arm Removal - 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old January 26th, 2012, 7:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Front Wiper Arm Removal - 2007 Tahoe

Just joined CF, but I've visited the forum quite a few times in the past...nice forum! I'm having the notorious soaked passenger-side floorboard issue with my 2007 Z71 Tahoe. I had the drains on my sunroof blown out at the local Chevrolet house a few weeks ago and thought that might have been the issue; however, after a couple of days of heavy rain, the passenger floorboard is soaked once again.

The windshield has NOT been replaced (to my knowledge), and the leak is originating under the glove box where you can look-up toward the corner and see visible wires in the little open area. I know...not the perfect description, and I'll try and take/post a pic soon. I can reach my fingers into that open area and squeeze water out of the "spongy" firewall material. I've done quite a bit of research, and I'm thinking about removing my wiper arms and taking off the wiper cowl to check for missing/rusty screws, cracks in the firewall, etc.

Basically, I'd like to know the steps that I need to take to remove both the front windshield wiper arms AND the wiper cowl...especially how and where to remove the wiper fluid tubes.

I've posted the same thread on a couple of other forums, but I've yet to get any replies; hopefully you all will be able to assist. Thanks in advance!
Old January 26th, 2012, 9:26 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know if this will help at all (see attachment), but I looked through a service manual I have and this was all I could find about the wiper arms. I'll keep digging to see if I come across anything else. Good luck!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Wiper Arm Replacement.pdf (61.5 KB, 1660 views)
Old January 27th, 2012, 12:47 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Have you verified that the sunroof drains are actually clear?
Old January 27th, 2012, 3:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChevyFreak
I don't know if this will help at all (see attachment), but I looked through a service manual I have and this was all I could find about the wiper arms. I'll keep digging to see if I come across anything else. Good luck!!
Thanks, ChevyFreak! The service manual attachment/diagram actually helps a ton! It's pretty much as I assumed, but it's always nice to see detailed instructions for sure. Hopefully the wiper cowl won't cause me too many issues...

@73shark - I have confirmed that the sunroof drains are working properly (as best as I can "test" it); I've taken a bottle of water to each side of the sunroof and verified the "strong stream" flowing out of the sunroof drain tube exit behind the front tires.

Any other ideas regarding where I could be leaking water?
Old January 27th, 2012, 4:01 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

You can verify if the W/S is the original by checking the info etched on it.