Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Need help asap on dash

Search this Thread

Old December 1st, 2010, 12:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help asap on dash

I need to remove the top dash piece of my 2000 tahoe Z71 but I have no idea how I already removed where the radio vessel is and the instrumental cluster is but I need to remove the top dash to replace can I get some help please thank you
Old December 1st, 2010, 1:31 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Can't help but someone here might be able to.
Old December 1st, 2010, 8:58 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe - 2WD | Sierra, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon (VIN C/K) Service Manual | Document ID: 623095
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instrument Panel Upper Trim Pad Replacement
Removal Procedure
Set the air flow control to the instrument panel (IP) vent position if equipped with air conditioning (A/C).
Disable the SIR system. Refer to Disabling the SIR System in SIR.
Apply the parking brake to prevent the vehicle from moving.
Move the shift lever all the way down (if the transmission is automatic).
Tilt the steering wheel to the full down position.
Remove the IP cluster trim plate bezel. Refer to Instrument Panel Cluster Trim Plate Bezel Replacement .

Remove the end panels. Left is shown, right is similar.
Remove the right side air outlets. Refer to Instrument Panel Air Outlet Replacement in Heating and Ventilation (Non-A/C).

Remove the assist handle by depressing the release tabs accessed through the air outlet duct holes.
Remove the windshield pillar garnish moldings. Refer to Windshield Pillar Garnish Molding Replacement in Interior Trim.
Remove the bolts retaining the pad to IP assembly

Disconnect the electrical connector (1) to the ambient light sensor on the underside of the trim pad.

Remove the trim pad from the assembly.
Installation Procedure

Install the trim pad to the IP assembly.

Connect the electrical connector (1) to the ambient light sensor on the underside of the trim pad.

Notice: Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

Install the trim pad retaining screws.
Tighten
Tighten the trim pad retaining screws to 2 N·m (18 lb in).

Install the windshield pillar garnish moldings. Refer to Windshield Pillar Garnish Molding Replacement in Interior Trim.

Align the assist handle with the holes in the IP assembly. Push the handle in order to engage the retaining tabs.
Install the right side air outlets. Refer to Instrument Panel Air Outlet Replacement in Heating and Ventilation (Non-A/C).

Install the end panels. Left is shown, right is similar.
Install the IP cluster trim plate bezel. Refer to Instrument Panel Cluster Trim Plate Bezel Replacement .
Tilt the steering wheel to the normal driving position.
Move the shift lever to the park position (if the transmission is automatic).
Disengage the parking brake.
Enable the SIR system. Refer to Enabling the SIR System in SIR.
© 2010 General Motors Corporation. All rights reserved.
Attached Thumbnails Need help asap on dash-upper-ip-removal.jpg  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 5:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you