Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 time for service/some questions, & concerns

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2009, 11:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 time for service/some questions, & concerns

Hey guys LONG POST, but INTERESTING!

My 07 tahoe has 49,000 miles. Service manager said to service tranny at 50,000... I was planning on taking it in on Friday to get the tranny service done.

Over the past few months I have noticed USUALLY, the first take off of the day it seems as though theres a lag when i go to take off... I tried using the techron injector cleaner- seemed to work.. Used it the next 2 times i filled up- the problem seemed to go away... now its back...
Do you think its worth paying $140 to have the injectors cleaned by dealer?

Also- about 8 months ago I complained to the dealer about my brakes almost going to the floor when slowly coming to a stop.. they claimed everything was fine.. Took it to another dealer they claimed its designed to do that (ABS type stuff) so whatever.. THEN about 2 months down the road it got WORSE.. Both dealers claimed "unable to dup" I mentioned it could be the master cyl... Nope, "unable to dup" Well, about a week later wifey backed into a pole in our condos parking garage...
Took it back in.. (didnt tell them how the damage occurred) and they sent a tech on a drive with me.. Pretty much the whole drive they couldnt dup it.. However when coming to a stop on our way back to the shop, the tech almost hit the car at the stop sign and said "oh shi#" YEAH, he changed the master cyl and all was good... Called GM, hassled with them for a couple weeks- they ended up covering the entire cost of the whole condo pole.

Heres where it sucks.. GM cust support said I could only have it fixed at a dealer authorized body shop.. Stupid me i didnt research the body shop they sent my tahoe to.. It took 2 weeks to get back.. and had to go back 3 different times to get corrected... and yet its still NOT FIXED.. the paint is chipping where the passenger rear tail light (top & bottom) meets rear qrtr panel..

So 3 months later (today) i caused a nice polite scene about having them fix it.. No problem, bring it next tuesday..

FINALLY- my concern, after all the BS of having the body shop fix it 3 times previously, now 4th.. Should i have the dealer do my service before they work on it or after? Im just nervous body shop might mess with the engine components.. Any help would be appreciated.

**Sorry it is kinda a long post!

Michael
Old May 28th, 2009, 7:22 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default brakes

check out www.mycarstats.com there have been a lot of people with the 'brakes through the floor' issue... a LOT.

i'm thinking 75,000 for the tranny... the manual says 50k for schedule II or 100k for I.

I don't tow often or far, and traffic is fairly 'light'... so I pick right in the middle.

it also says new air filter at 50

plugs at 100k
Old May 28th, 2009, 7:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had an issue on my 2001 Silverado with the brakes. It was something to do with the senors being dirty and not braking right. It happened a few times where the petal went to the floor and the truck kept going. Going back to training I pumped the breaks and they caught every time but once... backing up going about 10mph or so straight into a very large parking lot light post.

I brought it into the dealer and he said he knew what it was and there was a recall on it. One of his mechs in the shop backing up the same year Silverado backed right into the wall.

I called GM warrenty and they covered the body repair and the brake repair. They did not repalce the brake senors but just cleaned them. I never had an issue with it for the 3 years or so after I had the repair done.

I sold my truck... with all the repair history, so I can't cite the exact recall, but I might be able to find it if you need it.

hope this helps.
Old May 28th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I use the Techron regularly, about every 7k miles or about every oil change and also use top tier fuels (Chevron and Shell)
You could have them service the injectors or keep using the treatment, try about 2-3 bottles to one full tank and from then on about every 5-7k miles add one to the tank.
As for the tranny service, it should be done but like squirrell suggested I would be a little flexible with the mileage but wouldn't push it past the 70k.

The body shop and the service departments are usually 2 different entities, yeah you probably made a scene but its not in their interest to sabotage your vehicle.

Your not the only "A-hole" customer they have to deal with or have dealt with......

Last edited by in2pro; May 28th, 2009 at 11:19 AM.
Old May 28th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

here is what the service interval calls out....
So I stand corrected a 100K service for normal usage is fine....
Attached Thumbnails 07 time for service/some questions, & concerns-transervice.jpg