Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Tahoe & Suburban
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Welcome to Chevrolet forum!
Welcome to Chevrolet forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Chevrolet forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2007, 07:02 PM

Default Transmission Problem - 1999 K1500

I have been having some problems with the trans in my 1999 Suburban K1500 (4L60E). I've been having the ocasional hard shifts between 1-2 for a couple of months. Yesterday, I noticed some hesitation shifting from 1-2 under full throttle. I'm not sure if I would call it slipping or not. From a stop at full throttle, it would accelerate fine until 4000-5000 rpm and would then sort of hang up and not shift. It didn't feel like the rpm's were climbing without acceleration, just sort of like it lost power. I know I need to replace the fuel pump and filter, so I'm wondering if that's a potential cause. Once I let off the accelerator, it shifted to 2nd. I did this a couple of times, each time with the same result. Today I ran the codes and came up with 1810 (trans fluid pressure valve position switch circuit) and 1870 (trans component slipping). The 1870 didn't surprise me, but the 1810 has me a little worried. I cleared the codes out of the computer, and now it seems to shift like it used to. I've got 100,000 miles on the truck, so I know a trans rebuild is coming soon, but I'm hoping to get a couple more months out of this so I can get the money together. I'm planing to replace the trans fluid and filter tomorrow. Any ideas other ideas or advice?
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 07-25-2007, 05:52 PM

Default RE: Transmission Problem - 1999 K1500

A bad pump or fuel filter can cause what you are describing.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:38 AM
CF Beginner

Default shifting problems

I have a 2001 blazer with a 4l60E transmission I have the exact same problems with the shifting and RPM as you described and I changed out the pump witch was dead along with fuel pressure regulator high pressure return line and the fuel filter I still have the same problems but all that had to go anyways i bought it used check the shift solenoids in your transmission i cant get them in tell tomorrow will check back on here and let you know how it went
segamaster
Old 01-15-2010, 08:55 AM
CF Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by segamaster View Post
I have a 2001 blazer with a 4l60E transmission I have the exact same problems with the shifting and RPM as you described and I changed out the pump witch was dead along with fuel pressure regulator high pressure return line and the fuel filter I still have the same problems but all that had to go anyways i bought it used check the shift solenoids in your transmission i cant get them in tell tomorrow will check back on here and let you know how it went
segamaster
RESULTS on this...poss same issue!!
Old 01-15-2010, 08:55 AM

Tags
1999, 2001, 4l60e, 99, blazer, chevrolet, chevy, fuel, install, k1500, pressure, problems, regulator, shift, solenoid, transmission