Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Two part: Adding Homelink in my 2008 Tahoe LT and adding Bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old April 16th, 2014, 2:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two part: Adding Homelink in my 2008 Tahoe LT and adding Bluetooth?

Here's what the overhead cluster of mine looks like:

I know I've seen pictures before of what I think is the LTZ model with the 3 buttons for homelink in that blank space between the lights and the passenger side air bag message.

I was hoping I could just buy that factory part and pop it right in. I've had no luck finding it on gmpartsdirect though.

The other question is what's the most factory like way that I can add bluetooth support? I just have the regular 6-disk CD changer radio. I would love to have an easy to use bluetooth for both music and phone calls (that couple possibly maybe even work with the controls on the side of the steering wheel) but I'm not sure that's going to be possible.

I also have OnStar activated so that probably throws a wrinkle into changing out the factory radio.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Old April 17th, 2014, 9:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I was able find a partial answer to the first part of my question by visiting a dealership parts department today. They do have the LTZ overhead cluster (it's $250) and it said nothing about the garage door opener on it being homelink compatible or not and the guy also wasn't sure if the correct wires would be available on the LT to just put the LTZ panel right in. No refunds if I bought so it wasn't a $250 gamble I was willing to take.