TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

How to turn it off...

Old October 23rd, 2007, 11:29 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to turn it off...

I know why it is on "dirty air cleaner", part is on order. I want the darned light off as it is very distracting. So....all you wise folks....how do I turn off the check engine light in my 05 trailblazer ls? thanks a bunch in advance for your help, sis
Old October 24th, 2007, 10:34 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: How to turn it off...

only way I know is unhood the battery, it will reset all the codes for a couple days, but you have to reprogram you radio nd everything as well, so not really worth it.....where do you live they had to ORDER an air filter.....and I have not seen a dirty air filter set off a check engine light before.....
Old October 26th, 2007, 9:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm..if this is the case i will have to return to being stumped! I live on top of a mountain about 2 hours from the nearest large town. Ordering the part means they are sending it to me so I dont have to drive to town and get it. I talked to the dealer in the city and he listed of a few things that could cause the light to turn on at 45K miles. I checked out those that I could and the only one I found was the dirty air filter. Dealer said the light is on indicating a problem with the exhaust system and if the air filter is dirty the exhaust system has to work extra hard? I was hoping it was like my old little blazer and I could press on the petals in a certain order and get the darned light to go off. Thanks, sis
Old October 29th, 2007, 9:05 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Try to find a auto parts store close by that will hook up an OBD II scanner so you'll know what code is being set. Places like O'Reillys and AutoZone do it free.