Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

Should I buy a Venture

Search this Thread

Old April 28th, 2011, 11:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I buy a Venture

I'm looking to buy a used minivan in the next week or so. I'm thinking about getting an '03 - '05 Venture. Any model year that I should avoid? Any common issues that I should look for when checking out purchase candidates?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
Old May 1st, 2011, 10:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First thing is what do you want in a vehicle?????(What features appeal to you say compared to other similar vans) How much do you want to spend initially, and for future maintenance?????? How many miles on the van you are looking at? I just in the last year got 01 Venture and love it..... It is one of the nicest vehicles I have ever owned.... But browse down through this thread (and similar threads on other forums) and look at the problems people have had with the Venture, and this is most likely what you will be up against. The Venture I bought was plagued with small problems that the previous owner just did not bother with, until there were so many he just parked it, which was a bonus for me, because I got it for less than the price of the tires. I have a limited mechanical ability, so the minor things like tune ups, tire rotation, minor engine repairs, brakes, fuel module replacement, rockers sill replacement, etc. etc. plus the regular maintenance are non issues with me. If I had to have my work done in a shop the vehicle would not not been affordable......