1997 k1500 timing - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

1997 k1500 timing

CF Beginner

December 5th, 2017, 10:22 PM   #1  
1997 k1500 timing

Hello all new member here. I've been researching and haven't come up with much here so I figured I'd start another thread. I have a 97 k1500 that I just dropped a new crate motor in and I feel that I haven't gained much power from the old motor before she blew. Everything ignition is new the only thing transferred from the old motor is the intake manifold. I was trying to find a way to change the spark timing since my edge cts monitor shows it ranging anywhere from 35-14. I'm under the impression that just turning the distributor will not give me any success so is there another way to change my timing to try to give me more hp before I go the cam route.....

CF Active Member

December 6th, 2017, 3:56 AM   #2  
Posted By: Brandon Stout Hello all new member here. I've been researching and haven't come up with much here so I figured I'd start another thread. I have a 97 k1500 that I just dropped a new crate motor in and I feel that I haven't gained much power from the old motor before she blew. Everything ignition is new the only thing transferred from the old motor is the intake manifold. I was trying to find a way to change the spark timing since my edge cts monitor shows it ranging anywhere from 35-14. I'm under the impression that just turning the distributor will not give me any success so is there another way to change my timing to try to give me more hp before I go the cam route.....
You'd have to use a chip for the ECU. Easier then a cam swap.

CF Beginner

December 6th, 2017, 6:29 AM   #3  
Posted By: oilcanhenry You'd have to use a chip for the ECU. Easier then a cam swap.
I didn't think my year had a removable chip?

Search this Thread
Sponsors

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: